Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations

Options
  • 25-03-2002 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

A big round of applause has to go out to the guys from Brando. The band were listed as number 30 in the nation-wide charts this week. (Singluar Death of Privacy). They were the only act in the charts this week that were not getting the money or support of a major record label - or even a small one. All the funding has come out of their own pockets.

The only other Irish acts in the charts this week were: Bellfire, Westlife and Six - all owned by Louie!

Regardless of whether or not you like the band, you have to give them credit for all their hard work. Best of luck guys and keep supporting unsigned Irish acts.

http://www.brandoland.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

YAY! and it couldn't have come to anyone more deserving! way to go brando!

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Anyone know how the Turn Album is doing speaking of bands that deserve good things!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

big up m'brando aiiit!

i heard the singer cut his hair... true?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭healyron

There should be more bands like Brando doing their own releasing etc. Unfortunately the problem is getting into the shops. Brando have the advantage that their song is radio-friendly (fopr commercial radio) and that FM104's Strawberry Alarm Clock gave them the chance to go in-studio. However, it can still be done. At www.IrishUnsigned.com there is a band called Sutras who did it last year, staying for 4 weeks in the charts, making it to no.19 - all without any backing from anywhere except those that matter - fans.

There should be more like them and the move away from the traditional charts compiled from sales alone will help (expected late this year) when radio play, downloads and shop sales may well become the compilation criteria. Peter Gabriel's company OD2, if they don;t get swallowed by Microsoft, could help as they will be piloting the idea soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by healyron
    There should be more bands like Brando doing their own releasing etc.....There should be more like them and the move away from the traditional charts compiled from sales alone will help (expected late this year) when radio play, downloads and shop sales may well become the compilation criteria. Peter Gabriel's company OD2, if they don;t get swallowed by Microsoft, could help as they will be piloting the idea soon.

the more bands that skirt the "system" the better I think that thecnology could help make really big inroads in chainging the music industry if used properly... I am waiting for revolution!!!!
    Band are allready able to produce amazingly high quality work without assistance from a label it is all about distribution, marketing etc...

informed consumers still are scarce though so many people I know will not pay any attention to music that they have not been presented to by mass-media or can identify with some image or style (and I am not talking about teenieboppers).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

It's kind of relevant... read in Q a review of an album by a band called Brando....from indiana USA......

Is there a laywer in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

yeah but isn't it written bran'do. could make all the difference....

Advertisement