Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston, Typedef, Gerry, Logic, Celt, Dustaz and all you other TOTAL JESSIES.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That poll deliberatly avoided an OS flame war, hence there were no *nix or MacOS options .... it was a windows poll, and to be honest I can't see anyone getting upset that someone doesn't use the same version of windows as someone else, (unless you're really sad of course).
    Also you should thank me for allowing you to have that poll in the first place
    Gee thanks, the only flaming muppet in that thread was you by the way.
    this seems to be very important to you that I dared to moderate you.
    I don't mind mods editing/deleting my posts as long as there's a good reason for it, which in this case there wasn't ... apart from your personal dislike for one of the options.
    the Atari option as I understand it, is a cop out for people who don't know or don't have an opinion. do you really think its relevant to a "what os do you use" topic.
    Firstly it wasn't'a "what os do you use" topic, it was a 'What's your favorite MS OS".
    Secondly, the 'Atari Jaguar' option was for people who didn't feel strongly about one version or another either way, maybe they feel that any version past Win95 is the same as any other.
    Which from my own point of view is a reasonable oppinion.
    Although it's getting pretty old at this stage, 'Atari Jaguar' was a standard poll option across all boards ... in said thread one user even highlighted the fact that it was missing (after your edit).

That I was willing to let go, until after I pointed out to CreeD why the 'Atari Jaguar' option went missing, you posted some twatish response to the effect of - 'if you like, I can post a poll full of Atari Jaguar options on the admin forum for you', which is fairly impish and an obvious case of cóck-waving - "ooh look at me! I'm a mod!, notice me, respect me!".
    You seemed to take that 'Atari Jaguar' option personally, like as if I put it there just to annoy you ... you truly are a rebel without a cause, kudos.

As I said in my other post, I'm happy enough to just ignore you and avoid any forum where you might edit/delete posts for shíts & giggles.
    I've no problem with you personally, I just think you're a crap Mod and a hot-head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

win98 sucks.
    win2k is much better

<Takes bait - Hi, My name is Typedef, but I'm not an addict, I'm not, ok, I got in trouble with my computer, right, ok and my lawyer said I was an addict, but I'm not, I'm not....... Can I get some more coffee>
    :cool: Gentoo :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

[EDIT]
    win98+Win2k+Loonux+soon DOS5
    They compliment each other quite well on this box.
    [/EDIT]
    Boston isn't teh most stable chap, but he's good hearted, no need to take him off.
    TypeDef could do with being less of an elitist on the Unix boards -seriously
    Have't seen Gerry get 'thick' with anyon in a long time - not since Joe22 anyways.
    Logic. am. UNNNF? np there, cept for the Student ID pic :p
    Celt - no comment due to lack of knowlege.

me 2 100ths of a n'euro

*edited to remove some tosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it's quite clear at this stage that this is all logic1's fault

ban logic1

problem solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by astrofool
    it's quite clear at this stage that this is all logic1's fault

ban logic1

problem solved
    i second that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

why? if all ye are angry over the moderator of a certain board just dont go there. Not untill he/she is gone i.e. -mod status.

No one likes a cringer or a perosn who thinks they are god. we all know there is only one god on boards.ie if you get my jist. and the lower gods. For anyone who ever read david eddings books i.e the dooms of fire or something like that. All the elder gods where imprisioned and replaced with younger gods. Maybe thats what is needed. replace a few mods and the rest will fall in place pretty fast if they want to keep their status..

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmph - I could say quite a lot of things here... but I think I'll pass for now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by astrofool
    ban logic1

Nah.

Ban Castor Troy.

That will fix all evils.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by azezil

i second that :p

Glad your opnion counts for very little then Azriel.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

and so you should

Originally posted by logic1

Glad your opnion counts for very little then Azriel.

.logic.

I heard there was an ultra secret conspiracy between some of the moderators on this board to get logic1 banned as it is clearly all your fault... hmmm maybe I should keep that quite.

Where's my handbag
    /me looks for handbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Typedef

I heard there was an ultra secret conspiracy between some of the moderators on this board to get logic1 banned as it is clearly all your fault... hmmm maybe I should keep that quite.

Where's my handbag
    /me looks for handbag.

actually, its not that secret.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

BAN LOGIC1! oh no.. wait a minute.. that's not right....

BAN CASTOR TROY!! (and down with this sort of thing)

.logic.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

actually, its not that secret.....

Not since you started shouting it from the rooftops it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

...not that anyone cares ;)

The whole infighting thing - it just looks very bad. Moderators, who are supposed to be leading the forums are making mincemeat out of each other. Why would they expect anyone else to care about the rules?

IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

indeed, though the moderators are allowed to express themselves too.

I'm locking this thread as it seems that everyone has gone back to their cages...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement