Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just to say thank you/Losing coherence/car.

Options
  • 25-03-2002 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

What a weekend eh? Wow.

I officially became old yesterday (significant birthday) but on the plus side, got to see my sporting heroes (Gillingham Football Club) beat Millwall in Sunny Kent yesterday afternoon, and then sprint to Stanstead, catch a plane and see 600 more heroes, on and off stage, at Phundraiser last night. Top job to all who worked on the show, and to all who took the time to come along. Proud of ye all.

Sadly by midnight last night, my addled (but sober) brain had switched to neutural so I apologise for being even less coherent than normal if thats at all possible. Managed about 3 words with Roxy (something birthday related I think), a few sentences with a clearly confused Rob Taylor about "Gillian" (loud music+drunk rob+my incoherence=great confusion over football team name), and then spoke to about 100 other people around the venue, the contents of which conversations I only dimly remember!

Then, I got the great idea of heading back to the carpark in Fleet Street to drive home for lots of sleep. Got there, met Ger Roe, and lost my car. Couldnt find the poxy thing for the life of me. Much running up and down stairs later, eventually found it on the floor I originally thought it was on. Im convinced Sinister Pete moved it for the laugh and then put it back.

So, thanks one and all again and hopefully last night (without the incoherence and the lost car) will prod our friends in the benificent Broadcasting Commission of Ireland into finally accepting that we, and by extension all of you actually exist and are worthy of consideration!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

Happy belated birthday!
    so your old huh, lol you dont look it!!
    sounds like you had a good ol' time last night, perhaps too much fun :)
    moving cars aye, lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

I had nothing to do with it. And I have no idea how that motor oil got on my shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Pete R,

three words you say? I could've sworn it was nothing more than a wan smile and a confused "whah?"

three words.....now what could a man say in three words......??

"put that back"? "where's my motor"? "bugger off roxy"? I just dunno. :)

Advertisement