Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with modem

Options
  • 25-03-2002 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I have a US Robotics external 56k modem could anyone help me on where to get drivers and tweaks I have been told that if this modem is set up properly i can ping as low as 110.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I don't think that your modem is the main reason for your high ping results. Its more likely your isp or a bad phone lines. You can get tweaks for your system at download.com that will configure your pc to speed up a little on the net. Don't think this will improve your ping though.

If you just got yourself a new modem then its likely that you have the most uptodate firmware and software for it.

What sort of ping results are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

yep, it's more than likely your line or isp.....in anycase try www.modemhelp.org, they have got some handy tweaks in there for all types of modems.

Advertisement