Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc is ****in me off, i need help.

• 08-04-2001 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Lo all,
    U know those really ****in of thinkgs that come up and say, Error blah blah has caused and illegal opperation and will be shut down. Yeah well these things are poping up all over the place with all different programs. The worst is when i start up and it says explorer has blah blah etc etc and shuts it down and i cant do any thing. any idea how to stop all this sh!t coming up, when i go to details it ither says page fault in kernel32.dll or wasnock or somthing .dll could it have some thing to do with this ? PLEASE HELP

What about me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Two words.

Windows reload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 [SN]Father-Rage[MOM]

u mean a hard drive wipe reinstall every thing or a windows reload.. whats that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Reinstall windows... your best bet is to back up anything important and reformat your hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Ah GP faults!, a wonder of the world aren't they???... (How I love those little ****ers) :-]

This is what is going wrong:
    A GP fault occurs when two concurrently running programs try to access the same memory space and hey presto (Window's give you your little message).

Solution:
    You said that this can happen just after a windows boot!. Well then it might have something to do with the programs that windows launches @ start up. You can press CTRL-ALT-DEL to see a list of currently running stuff (and you can close them from here, but they will be there next time windows starts). If there is loads of stuff in there click on START/RUN and type "MSCONFIG". On the "Startup" tab you will see a list of things that windows loads. You can use the check boxes to de-select stuff that you don't want on future boot sequences.

N E way that is an alternative to re-installing Windows.

BTW if you have loads of things in your system tray, I ought give you a right talkin to, LOL
    Coz that is a sheer sign that you have windows loading too many programs. (keep it down to 3, maybe 4 max).

But if you think I'm full of ****, and you want to go with what the lads above recommend. Which BTW are probably better in the long run (actually no, are definitely better). What you have to do to re-install windows is make a boot disk, and startup from that. Make sure you have your dos CD-ROM drivers ready if you are installing from a CD. Just boot the system up from a floppy and after that it's as simple as:

[CD-ROM DRIVE LETTER]:\setup.exe

Enjoy,

:-phobos-)

Advertisement