Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mail to: Fine Gael. "The Internet?"

Options
  • 26-03-2002 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I thought I might show you guys this..
    It's an e-mail I just wrote to Fine Gael, anything else I could have added?
    Dear Fine Gael/Fine Gael admin. As the rest of Europe has sped forth, breaking down walls and connecting there country's to the rest of the world, they have learned that it rally shouldn't cost allot for the average household user to chat with a friend in the US, or play a good old fashioned game of cards with his or her friend on Hong Kong.

Why is it that we here, in Ireland aren't sitting down for a game of Yahoo! Black Jack with Paddy Aussie man, or Paddy African man? [Excuse my basic term's.] Without having to look at the clock thinking.. 'Dear god, Eircom's going to take MY wages this week for sure.'

Basically, all this beating around the bush boils down to one thing:

Ireland.
    Flat - Rate Internet access.
    I, myself am not honestly worried about Broadband, that can all come in due coarse.
    But simply because Eircom maintains a firm grip upon the average Irish Net user's pocket, and then has the audacity to tell the public "The Irish people don't want to use the Internet." - This could be because Eircom wants to charge them far to much money to use it ?
    1c a minute, it sounds lovely.. But it all adds up.

We here in Ireland are in a -pathetic- state over the status of our Internet connection. The matter of Fine Gael's support for Flat-Rate has pushed everyone in the house over the age of 18 into voting for Fine Gael. [Who we have always voted for anyway.]

Eircom doesn't seem to realize how much small businesses [Like mine.] Could benefit from Flat-Rate net access. It seems to the average Irish net user, that Eircom only want to line there pockets with gold, and have Fine Fail picking up the small pieces of gold-dust that fall behind.

Please return with any information you could possibly have. As a year of Fine Fail will result in more money loss, where it could have been made.

PS Isn's it funny, Esat now seem to have Fine Fail logo's on there letter's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

mention that we've been in the darkness for 8 (or is it 9/10 ) months now, and in that time you've paid €???? in internet bills wheras a british internet user can surf 24/7 for £20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Arboration
    I thought I might show you guys this..
    It's an e-mail I just wrote to Fine Gael, anything else I could have added?

[/B]

A spellcheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I can make the necessary spelling adjustments if you wish... Shouldn't take me too long... Then again, I'm well known on a particular server for my typos, but I wont get into that :p:D

Oh right... Its already been sent.. My bad

At the rate I'm going, I'll be answering every one of these threads... lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Tizlox
    mention that we've been in the darkness for 8 (or is it 9/10 ) months now,

In fairness, some people have been waiting for 8 (or is it 9/10) years for flat rate access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

such as?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

A lot of people on this forum:)

Advertisement