Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coders

• 26-03-2002 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Anyone in the world of editing who can code and would be interested in coding a MOD for HL?

Ive tried and have a teamplay system in, a few effects, changed a few weapons etc but Im no coder and wont really get far unless I have an experienced coder or even someone who knows c++ and is willing to learn the HL SDK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

No one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sorry about that where not that good. i have book about c++ and its hard is hell!

Aye I know I have a book and 10 .pdfs on C++ and hard isnt the word :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

[Daz] mate, I asked for a multitude of different types of people to help me create the VAR mod (quite a long time ago I might add) with little result...

There is a great abundance of Coders here unfortunately...
    Maybe you should poke around the programming board!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    There is a great abundance of Coders here unfortunately...

Dont you mean great lack of coders?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Maybe he meant to say 'absence' or add an ''nt' to the end of 'is'?
    We know what he meant sure.

WOW! Thats really interesting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Told you so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Can you mail me those pdf's? - crazee_ivan at hotmail dot com.

I'm learning C, C++ and some others, I've been trying to get start with HL development kit but it is pretty hard.

I'll help code with everything, anything - purely to build up some experience. But I'm pretty limited atm so...

Ivan

www.kazaa.com Download this and search for C++ tutorials.

I hopefully have one coder. Hes looking at the SDK now trying to get a feel for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nucular

I'm interested in coding for a mod but it absolutely must be original (particularly for the half life engine)

If you have a general plan for your mod and the like and you don't mind forwarding it to me give me a shout. Oh also as it will probably take me about two years to download the sdk don't hold your breath.

honestly PM me if you really are serious about this and willing to see it through.

I have read up quite a bit on the SDK so in that respect I am reasonably well versed. I've also gone through the Quake3 SDK so I have a feel for that too if you were interested in that either.

btw I've got a pretty good background in C/C++ so :)

PM sent. BTW The full SDK source code only is 2.2 megs.

http://hlsdk.valeve-erc.com

I've got the source and I'm gonna have a look through it now.
    I'll check in tomorrow or Friday and let ya know what I think about it.

didn't get that PM yet which is strange?
    first time I've ever used it to receive before maybe I have some setting set up wierd on my account. I'll have a look later anyway.

My fault I sent it to myself by mistake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Does anybody know any sites that will put files on disks and then send them to you because i need the sdk too and its 75 megs with all the models and stuff.

Pretty sure fileplanet will do this but it's american..

If I think of anywhere else I'll post...

You could try dNC or ask someone with a fast connection, Id do it but my burner is ****ed at the moment :/

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im making a mod based on a novel I've been writing / clan I've been running for almost three years and have made over god knows how many .bsp's, swi's, .bmp's, jpeg's, desktop pictures, reviews and tonnes of stuff, mainly for anything that has a [VAR] tag on it...

If Im not taking this seriously, then bugger me blue and call me Charlie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ok raven, I can help you out there, in fact if your in Dublin you can pick up the cd by wednesday next (hopefully much sooner but I'm v.busy) if you want anything else on it, lemme know 20mins remaining on dl.

If your outside Dublin pm your address and name and I'll send it on to you. option c mail duncan@campus.ie

gl lads :D

wow tack. thats decent of you :D

download me pr0n and send it ;D

• Advertisement

Wow Tack thanks alot. I'll pm you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lol!

Raven if your around town today I can burn it for you between now and 1800, giz a pm with your number or I'll give you mine and then you can get to work :D

I sent you a pm Tack. Email me if you didn't get it. Thnxs again :)

Advertisement