Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Satellite broadband

Options
  • 26-03-2002 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Something to keep an eye on, perhaps...

Sunday Times article (registration required)

BT is trialling satellite broadband (500kb/s downstream) in Northern Ireland and Scotland at the moment.

Current prices (sterling):

Single User £59.99/month, £899 installation
    Multiple User (4 connections) £109.99/month, £1299 installation

Would it be a big leap of the imagination to see ESAT offering this?

BTW, the satellite operator is Gilat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'd love to get that, but it would cost me at least 10 weeks wages, after deductions, to save up for just the installation :-/

Although, I think you have to pay phone charges on top of that too... Well, thats what my dad said when he got satellite...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

i dont know the details, but id say Kennett is right about the phone charges. its probably one way, so you will need a phone line still. european online do that for e15 a month i think and the install is e250 approx. been a while since i checked it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BT's satellite broadband product is two-way VSAT.

adam

Advertisement