Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance - incompetence or what!

• 26-03-2002 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I took out a house content insurance policy with a local bank in my community and as local authority own the house i could not take out structural insurance. In January i had burst pipes in my attic which ruined everything i contacted them to claim for all and was informed that the laminate flooring was not part of the content it was structure. I am now in dispute with them over this. and in the meantime i am sitting on cement flooring. but why I think these people ar incopetent is it was them that filled out the application form and i told them i wanted everything covered i told them about my floor covering as well as other things that they wont accept as i should have taken out a policy called "Tennant's Improvements" get that !!!! i haven't even heard of such an insurance policy nor seeing of it mentioned anywhere. So am I stupid or are they??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Originally posted by rosaleenb
    I took out a house content insurance policy with a local bank in my community and as local authority own the house i could not take out structural insurance. In January i had burst pipes in my attic which ruined everything i contacted them to claim for all and was informed that the laminate flooring was not part of the content it was structure. I am now in dispute with them over this. and in the meantime i am sitting on cement flooring. but why I think these people ar incopetent is it was them that filled out the application form and i told them i wanted everything covered i told them about my floor covering as well as other things that they wont accept as i should have taken out a policy called "Tennant's Improvements" get that !!!! i haven't even heard of such an insurance policy nor seeing of it mentioned anywhere. So am I stupid or are they??? :confused:

To: rosaleenb.

Do not lose heart, you have a case for maladministration against the Bank, plus the Insurance Company whose - what sounds like- your "Home Contents Insurance" Policy are more than likely responsible for the "Decisions" re paying on a policy in which the bank is probably acting ONLY as - their agents.

Your "floor covering" should be covered under "Home contents Insurance" and if you paid to have a floor covering and can produce a receipt for same. Then you have a right to claim for "FULL RELACEMENT COST"- No argument. So claim or appeal or complain to the insurance Ombudsman.

Good luck,

Yours, paddy20.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

hmmm I really know on this one. I dont think floor coverings are covered my a Contents only policy. I could be totaly wrong in saying that its been a while since I've done home insurance stuff. Have you read you policy schedual to see what it says? Was there any endorsements on your policy? Who are the actual underwriters of the policy?

It is a hard one to call I'll see if I can find out any more for you it might be next week before I get around to it but I'll see what i can do.

kayos

Advertisement