Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbundling (again)

• 10-04-2001 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

09 April 2001 : Eircom Issued With Local Loop Deadline
    Telco regulator Etain Doyle has issused a deadline of one month to Eircom to provide access to their local loop network for other providers. The unbundling of the local loop has been a contentious issue for some time, with Eircom being accused of 'abusing a dominant position' in relation to the local loop cable infrastructure entering peoples' homes. It is now over two years since complaints were made against Eircom's monopoly position and the regulator has expressed disappointment that seemingly stratightforward structures were not yet in place. Unbundling the local loop means Eircom will not have monopoly acccess to the last ten yards of cable and will pave the way for more price competitive services.

.logic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Bah.I'm sick of al lthis ****.Wake me up in 2002 loggers,least I might be able to get something better than 56k then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Also,NTL have reduced the price of their cable service in England to £25 stg a month.
    Lucky *******s.

Advertisement