Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Effect ITV Digital going bust on Sky Dig?

• 26-03-2002 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

With ITV Digital going bust what effect do people think this will have on football availability on Sky Digital particularly Nationwide and Champions League?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Interesting you should say that....

The Daily Star in Britain is saying today that "The Football League is to advise Uefa not to sign a new contract with ITV for future Champions League coverage"

Interesting escalation of events there!

The BBC is thinking they might have a way of getting around the advertising that is plastered around the Champions League. If they pay more, so as to nulify the effects of ads, they hoipe UEFA will accept. I dont think that will happen though.

As for the Football League, Chris Kamara is under used now since ITV Sport has the rights. More work for him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

I Hope BBC can get the rights for the champions league. Football coverage on ITV is absymal (although still better than TV3) as anyone who has ever had the misfortune of watching the Premiership Parliament will testify! The champions league on the BBC would be awesome as they know how to present an interesting, informative package.

Failing that I hope RTE get the rights back but that is unlikely with all the cutbacks at Montrose. I dunno if this is true but a mate of mine told me that ITV Digital and Sky are trying to devise a deal to split the rights to the Nationwide League.

Phelim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭TinMan

What annoyed me the last time was that the Man united match was on UTV and the Liverpool match was on TV3 and guess which channel is blocked :mad:

Advertisement