Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil

Options
  • 26-03-2002 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Who is looking forward to the graphical remix of the original Resident Evil on Gamecube? I always preferred the first game to the sequels which had less suspense and more action.

What I liked about the first game was the sense of adventure too. I thought there was only one house and then you uncover all these other surrounding buildings and secret labs; Resident Evil 2 had you all over the streets from the start which felt strange. It was a game on rails, but in a massive city O_o. Plus, I finished it in about 4 hours after purchasing it.. some of the puzzles in Resi 1 had me stumped for weeks.

residentwhoa1.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I love Resident Evil(Cant wait to see the Movie!)

Tbh, I'm kinda pissed Capcom keep bringing out different parts of the series on different consoles. Resident Evil 1 to 3(including Survivor) were on PSX, PC and Nintendo.
    Code Veronica came out for the DC. Excellent choice however, the PSX could have never made CV like it was on the DC, it didnt have the ability. But...ffs...the remakes on the GC and Resident Evil Ground Zero is on another different console. I wish I didnt have to buy a new console everytime a game came out but I guess I'm just a sucker :)

Anyway-Remix looks brilliant. The AI is apparently scary, the zombies arent confind to one room and once spotted they will follow you around the house. The house itself has been redone, and it's more than just the "nice backround" we knew it as, alot more interactive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope those hunters don't follow you around the house. Many a time i've shat myself from just glimpsing them only to get my head ripped off in my distressed confusion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Ahh the joy, i played it yesterday, a friend got his machine modded (a simple jumper connection for his US machine) and an import version of biohazard.

Now , i love the series but i started at RE2 and i never really went back and played the first, but its dated looking and the loading and whatnot got me bored and college intervened anyway.

This version seems to play much the same, a lack of ammo, the need to stab zombies (but at least now they stagger back when you hit them which makes alot easier)
    Pad is not the best, but i can live with that, if ninty can just give me a few more reasons (mario sunshine perhaps) i'll be tempted enough to buy their machine... as is i'll wait and play other ppl's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah it looks great, its just too bad thats its prerendered backgrounds instead of the 3d of CV. But they have the engine being able to to realtime lighting of the backgrounds even though they are just pictures, and theres other lovely stuff going on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement