Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first game

Options
  • 26-03-2002 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

What was the first game you played?
    Mine, i believe, was Wolfenstein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Mine was drop the rattle, jesús that was a great laugh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Wolf3D was mine too (on the PC anyway).
    Played on my state of the art 386 16MHz with 2meg of RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Whoo boy...me first ever game? As far as I know..it was this old Atari wooden box that had all these sports games, which were all versions of Pong.

But my earliest memories are of playing Manic Miner on the c64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Prince of Persia on pc

Joyrider on Atari

Can't remember on amstrad.

Those were the days, didn't need fancy thinger majigers back then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mine was Street fighter 2. I used to go to the airport every weekend with a fiver just to play it.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

chuckie egg was the first game i ever owned

frogger was the first i ever played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Hungry Horrice on the C64, the joy....the joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Space Invaders

Man i feel so young! My first game was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Ahh the memories *sigh*

And my first PC game was Quake i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AFAIK a version of Pong (or something similar) and a Bert and Ernie basic alphabet thing on some Atari POS. Can't even remember if it was an Atari or not, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Some crappy football managment game on the SpectrumZX.

I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Space invaders (i think)
    or possibly pac man.. i dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

First PC game - Day of The Tentacle. Just got my first Sound card that day to pop into my 386/25. Ahh - the memories!
    First game I ever played was kicking an orange around my play pen - was about 2 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Damn, my first gaming experiences were just like Kyro's... I had this old plug-in-yer-tv box (plastic this time, not wooden ;), called Telesport, i think, and it had little dial controllers... you could play 4 variants on pong, and it rocked :]

But the first "proper" game i remember playing was Manic Miner (on the spectrum though - i didn't know it ever came out on the C64 before i saw your post)... although i remember little programs like "Count" and "Alphabet Soup" on the ZX81 before that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

um pong probably (or space invaders, they both came to ireland at the same time afair.)
    and again, manic miner for the spectrum was the first game i owned .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

First video game I ever played was probably Pong... quite some time ago... then there was a Formula One racing game on the old (Irish made!) 48K Oric-1 computer. Then there was the original Star Wars vector based game in the arcade... You got to blow up the death-star! It doesn't get cooler than that! :cool:

First games system I had was The Grandstand SD070 Video Sports Centre System - endorsed by Kevin Keegan!!! - which had 10 games (all of them Pong, really :) ) on one clunky cartridge. As yer man says on the web page, it was "v.poor by modern standards, but back then it was fab". Still have it (in fairly mint condition) up in the attic somewhere.

First game I played on the PC was some deathtrap dungeon type DOS-based ascii text thingy... y'know the type ... that little red heart ascii character is an evil dragon... you're the white diamond... can't remember it in detail, tbh... Only game on the PC that ever really took over my life for a while was the original QUAKE... natch... and I was helping to run one of Ireland's first net café's at the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

First ever i think was green berat on amstrad and this tank shoot em up and mummy game???

First console was alex the kidd then duck hunt.....

First true pc game was this hover game which came free with my p166.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

We had this console thing that only played 3 types of pong. But we loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

THe first game I can remember playing was Ladybug on the colecovision. It was basically a PacMan clone (I had never heard of PacMan and when I first seen it I thought that it had ripped off Ladybug) and I loved it to bits. That, along with Donkey Kong and Ventures had a huge impact on my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Sonic the hedgehog I think, damn I loved that game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Digger on an old Amstrad, i can't remember the proper name of the Amstrad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Qix on an atari 800xl

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Combat on the atari 2600. 2 player action! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

My first arcade game: Space Invaders in a pub in 1985 I think.. i dont remember it v.well because i was only a youngfella back then. I also remember playing Mrs Pacman in a pub near bantry but i have no idea when that was :)

First console game: Pong, fishing (where you sit at the end of a pier and fish.. the computer was really good at it), and Pitfall 1 on our Atari

first PC game: Frogger in 1988 i think at my friends house, then Prince of persia later when he got that. and whatever educational games they had on the Apples in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

some tank game on that 64 games in one cartride for the auld atari 2600 and then pole position on the 7400 or whatever number it was still have that too :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Punchie on the Commodore 16 is the first game that i can remember the name of, although i believe the first game i ever played was some Space Invaders type game on a VERY old Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Mario Bros & Duck Hunt on the one cart. I loved those games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

AH memory lane....
    C64 Ghouls'n'Ghosts
    Amiga Lemmings
    PC Prince of Persia
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Maniac Miner - that old Amstrad standard, mmm where did I put that pick.

Advertisement