Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

donkey kong game and watch!
    as my parents thought it was a gameboy
    worst christmas ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

First game that I played was Centipede on the 2600. I remember being about 6 at the time, and standing in the toys dept. of Dunnes stores (after christmas) watching all the kids fighting over who got to play the demo model next. I felt like the coolest person on the planet coz I had one @ home, all for myself. :cool:

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

first game: space invaders in dads office
    first purchase: hard hat mac on c64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I have no idea. I remember playing Oh Mummy! on the CPC464 just after unpacking it (it was one of the Amsoft games that came with the machine), and I think that was the first game I played on a system I actually owned. I'm pretty sure I'd played a fair bit of arcadey stuff before that mind, although I'd be hard pushed to say WHAT....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Swifty
    Sonic the hedgehog I think, damn I loved that game :)

Same :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

some game on a spectrum zx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Missile Command - Atari 2600

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Shinji
    ... Oh Mummy!...

Hahahah, I ****ing loved that game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh, Duck hunt. I loved that. So basic thinking back, but brilliant really.

Oh, Frogger! The memories! Centipede! It's strange remembering all these games again. Haven't thought about them in years. Centipede rawked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Jelly Monsters on the Vic20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

the first game i ever played was in a pub in 1979. It was a wallmounted version of breakout with no power ups. I thought it was the best thing i had ever see.

The first game i ever owned was called space lazer fight. I wanted an atari and instead my folks got me this bit 2 player stand alone lcd game. I think it was made by bandi. I had a lot of lcd games after that. till I eventually got a sharp mz-700, who ever heard of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Captain Comic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

first game was proberly "blitz" on my friends machine - some form of comodore i think

my first PC game was duke nukem1/crystal caves/secret agent

GOE APOGEE :D who went on to be come 3d Realms who made the other duke nukem games and Max Payne

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

At home - Space Invaders on the Vic20.

In the arcade - Star Wars (The original cool version you could sit into - Yeah!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i cant remeber the name of it, it was on the C64, it was on cartridge and it was a scroller with a kid or something and on the same cartridge there was a circus kind of game too, anyone remember???? its on the tip of my tongue, aRRGhhhHH¬!!!!,

Balls!!

bomB

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Has to be 3d monster maze on the old zx81 around 1982 I think.The comp came in kit form with 1k of ram.I bougjt the 16k upgrade for about 50 quid at the time just to play this game.

Load"" was the command.

Jesus the memories!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

At home, Volly Ball on the DEC Rainbow 1000 (or 100, I cant remember). Some wireframe Space game on some ancient Atari Crap elsewhere..

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Pacman on the VIC 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

First ever electronic game? Space Invaders - JCR Trinity College, Autumn 1979.

First PC Game (that I remember)? Accolade Grand Prix on a North Star 1989.

Favourite? You still can't beat the original CGA version of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards for laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

first game was Wizball on the c64 (twas my dads c64)

first game i owned was centapede (sp?) on my atari 2600

first pc game was PGA Golf on a 386.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Alex the Kid in a miricle World on the Saga Master System 2. What a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think it was called Magic Murphy or something like that and it was on the Acorn Electron, it was cool coz it let you build your own levels. I'm not even sure if this is the first game I ever played but it's the oldest one I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I think the first PC game I ever remember playing was Rogue... My first C64 game was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles I believe, or one of those games that came with the C64... I also had a Commodore Vic 20 when I was 2, which I don't remember having lol
    Since then, I've had a few PCs, 2 Commodore 64s, a couple of GameBoys (which I still have) and one of those 500-in-1 systems (the ones that look like the old NES) and I remember finally getting to play Mario! :D

Sheesh... This akes me out to be a lot older than I really am lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by bombidol
    i cant remeber the name of it, it was on the C64, it was on cartridge and it was a scroller with a kid or something and on the same cartridge there was a circus kind of game too, anyone remember???? its on the tip of my tongue, aRRGhhhHH¬!!!!,

Balls!!

bomB

::looks through aging Commodore Force tips book:: Hmm... I think it was something like: Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O' Fun

I actually played it myself at oe time, but then again... I was a big C64 finatic :)

I have got a CD full of C64 tape and Floppy disk files somewhere... As well as loads of other classic games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

First Game I remember playing: SOmething on a C64 - I was about 5 or 6, so it would have been about 12-13 years ago.

First Game I bought myself:
    Was either F-15 Strike Eagle2(£18, bought in St. Stephen's green in Dublin on a school tour) or Flashback for the Amiga in Smyth's on the Headford Road (there are apartment blocks over the site now) for £20 when I was 10.
    Damn hard game, but I'm enjoying it now.
    Found out a week later that my cousin could have copied it for the price of a floppy disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Late 80's on the good ould Commodore 64 :}
    Came packaged with Terminator 2 (FLimbo's quest was the common one at the time :)

Fondly remember Microprose soccer, that game was quality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

miami vice on zxspectrum used to only stay alive for 10 secs and then die,reload it and play again
    nightbreed on c64 ,just grabbed a tape out of compilation pack and loaded it,damn hard
    pc was jimmy whites whirlwind snooker on a 286....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

space invaders - 1st game ever
    centipede - 1st arcade game ever
    digger - 1st amstrad game ever
    altered beast - 1st mega drive game ever
    [Timewarp/]
    Unreal tournament - 1st pc game ever
    [/Timewarp]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Asterix and Obelix on the Sega Master system :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First games on all the systems I've owned....

Atari 2600 - River Raid
    C64 - Caverns of Khafka (a stinker, but I loved it at the time!)
    SNES - Super Mario World
    PC - Duke Nukem Episode 1 (the EGA platformer!) :D

- Dave.

Advertisement