Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first game

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Got a whole bunch of games given to me with my ZX Spectrum (48K) that I played endlessly for a whole summer: 'Classics' like Disco Dan (with the nuclear reactor thingys), Oh Mummy! and Chase HQ. I was so blown away the first time I loaded it in 128 mode in my mate's place - the music was far better than the 48 version!

Some of us are really showing our ages aren't we.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the first game i can ever remember playing is "jet-set willy" on the ZX48k speccy.

but the most memorable games for me, have to be the "Elite" series...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

My 1st was Hang-on and duckhunt built into my master system,loved them 2! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

"i cant remeber the name of it, it was on the C64, it was on cartridge and it was a scroller with a kid or something and on the same cartridge there was a circus kind of game too, anyone remember???? its on the tip of my tongue, aRRGhhhHH¬!!!!,

Balls!!

bomB"

Flimbo's Quest is the game with the kid...wasn't there some really crap soccer game on the cart too?....4 a side or some ****e :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Originally posted by Pugsley
    My 1st was Hang-on and duckhunt built into my master system,loved them 2! :)

hang on and super hang on great game that ive completely gorgot about till now.

Must see if i can get it for mame!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

My first computer game ever was a "horse racing" betting game on what I now realize must have been a PDP-10 in the then RTC Galway. This would have been about 81-82. You could bet on which of the five assorted ASCII characters the random number generator would move from one side of the screen to the other first.

At the time I thought it was absolutely one of the most exciting things I'd ever seen.

I remember a text-based adventure game called "The Count" being one of the first things I ever played on a Vic20, never did manage to finish it. You had to type "SYS some-large-number" to start the prog on the cartridge. Unfortunately, some-large-number wasn't written on the carridge and we lost the piece of paper.

The magnificant StarGlider, which I found again - it's only 92k :), was my first PC game. It's wireframe world of mouse controled 3D blasting was everything I'd ever wanted in a game, at the time. Fantastic, and still is.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Attic Attack on the Z-X Spectrum.
    I know I had some sort of PC before that but I cant remember that far back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

Caterpillar, I think it came with teh console, sweeet game at the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Pong or Kangaroo on the Atari 2600.
    First PC game would have been captain comic or rouge or police quest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

Doom 2 on the pc...and the joy when i managed to get my hands on a simpsons mod...i had no idea how to play doom2...but it was a nice game...and i still play it on lan with my friends...you just cant beat the classics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

That is very true... I grew up on Wolf 3D and it's ilk and even after this time, I still play it :)

and them... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Some sort of tennis game that you controlled with this ball thingy. First console i got from santy was a spectrum with jet pack

or maybe it was wonder boy in the arcades. arghh i have a **** memory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Super Blitz on the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Guinnessman
    Some sort of tennis game that you controlled with this ball thingy.

Pong by any chance?

no dont think so what i meant was instead of a joystick it was a ball u used to control it just roll ball left right etc

wait i remember playing that star wars vector graphics gmae that u sat into what a fuking cool game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Guinnessman
    wait i remember playing that star wars vector graphics gmae that u sat into what a fuking cool game

Oh god yes, that ruled... I played that all the time in Kilkee, Co. Clare... ( same game is probably still there 15 years on ;) ) - probably pumped about £70 in total into the machine over my time there and only ever destroyed the Death Star once... or twice.

Mine was Chucky Egg and Citidell .That was on our Acorn Electron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Originally posted by amp
    We had this console thing that only played 3 types of pong. But we loved it.

I had something similar, except there were about 7 types...dont ask, it was great fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sir Lancelot on the ZXSpectrum 2+

And some (very basic - drawn using lines) game on the Atari 2600 where you ran around rooms shooting guys from your hand, and hitting the walls killed you.

I'm not older than most of you......maybe I was just introduced to comps earlier.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Space Invaders, Galactica, Cosmos Cosmic Adventure, Duke, Commander Keen etc etc etc...basicly since a 286 with 2 mb of ram and an EGA screen was decent :D Im only 20

Ooh i remember the time I got a Sound card for christmas :)

and the time I got a cd drive for my birthday :)

then my l33t 486 phawor! 66mhz of muscles. The amazing things i Did with my 7megs of ram ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

first game grandstand (4 types of pong in one console)
    atari (not jaguar the other one) some kind of chase an enemy tank round a maze
    coin op space invaders or maybe astroids
    zx spectrum hungry horace
    playstation pandemonium
    pc starcraft

Advertisement