Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigsmart / Band Wars

Options
  • 26-03-2002 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

First - thomas you sent me a private message (I got an email saying so) but for whatever reason I can't read it. (the message box is empty).

As for the competition, this sounds like a COMPLETELY different competition, You are talking about this being run by gigsmart???(this wasn't apparent from your original posting i think), that was certainly not who was running the competition called 'bad wars' a few years ago. Also talk of money at the door going to charity and non-profit orgs etc.. okay that is CERTAINLY a world away from how the last one was run.

I have nothing but respect for organisations like gigsmart and I have faith that they will run a fair competition, so I take back my 'fixing' allegation as this does seem to be a genuine competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i'd say tom and trev will really appreciate that soma...

if you're still in a band you should get down to the gigsmart meeting tonight in the sidewalk cafe off o'connell st. at 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Just re-read the original posting and I think I must have left my brain at home when reading that yesterday.. run by gigsmart and has a completely different sponsor (it used to music maker). Really sorry that thomas/gigsmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

nah polarbelly, if I turned up I'd get the thumping I deserve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

All is well that ends well , Im glad everything could be sorted out without everyone throwing volleys of abuse at each other....very refreshing huh?

Oh and nice one evryone !!

Thanks - trev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

trev will agree... if you have something you can input into gigsmart then get along and you'll get out what you put in.

tonight sidewalk cafe... 7.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Cheers Soma, there's some more info about the compo in my original post and gigsmart is meeting tonight if anyone wants to join up and help make this town rock again!

observe:
    Gigsmart is a none profit organisation devoted to rekindling the live music scene in Ireland. It is run for musicians by musicians.

Gigsmart has run successful regular gigs all over Dublin in Isaac Butts,
    Eamon Dorans, Mono, The Sidewalk Café and a weekly unplugged session in The International. Next month sees the launch of its monthly Saturday night Temple Bar Music centre nights. Our compilation C.D. of our first artists will sell its 200th copy at this gig.

Gigsmart has set up discounts for its cardholders with instrument shops,
    studios, photographers and duplication companies.

Gigsmart’s web page hosts mini sites for all its cardholders with mp3’s,
    pictures and information, the site has had 15,000 hits since its launch in
    December with each band mini-site getting at least 500 hits.

Gigsmart has set up relations with drinks companies in order to have drinks promotions for its gigs. This combined with the organisations advertising power help make our gigs competitive and accessible to a wider audience than bands can achieve on their own.

Want to get involved and share in the benefits? Check out our website or phone Trevor Mooney on 087 2934643 or Thomas Brunkard on 085-7189920

NEXT MEETING ON TUESDAY 26TH MARCH IN SIDEWALK CAFÉ CATHAL BRUAGH STREET @ 7:30 PM
    sidewalk.jpg

logo_01.gif
    www.gigsmartireland.com

Advertisement