Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless mouseses..es

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

the 6khz scanning has nothing to do with the 200hz ps2 sample rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

It scans 6000 times a second so it can make a good guess of where it is, ie it can detect the smallest changes in its location. If it was scanning at say 50hz, it might decide that one part of the mouse mat looked exactly like another, and so the pointer wouldn't move at all. The 200hz rate is how often it actually sends data to the pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well i was going to get a rf optical mouse that i saw in lidl for eur30.
    But after reading this forum i think not.
    I`ll stick to corded optical mice from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I`ve tried many Female mice(no balls) over the years and i`ts really down to users preference, at the i`m using an intelliMouse Optical which i`m fine with. The best mouse i`ve used is a trust cordless mosue and it`s pretty good for gaming, it has a nice weighty feel as well. Compustore etc usually stock these, but don`t pay over the odds to spotty computer clerks who make the usual "do you want a cat with that" joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Their joke is no worse than yours, sorry to say it pcirl :)
    ("I`ve tried many Female mice(no balls)").

I would not use a cordless mouse for gaming. Personally I use it only for desktop use (clicking aimlessly around Windows), and use the optical corded Logitech one for games. I know some people swear by ball mice, suppose it's up to the individual, but for me cordless mice just don't have the precision needed for games.

Someone I know just got the cheapo optical one in Lidl, must try it out (out of interest), and see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Cheers:D
    But as i said its up to the person, the thing with normal corded mice is that they tend to get in the way of your stuff on the disk(coffee cups etc)and the constant lifting of the mice(to get them to respond and...ahhh i just don`t get on with them.

Advertisement