Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerprinting Port 80 Attacks

Options
  • 26-03-2002 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

article

Port 80 is the standard port for websites, and it can have a lot of different security issues. These holes can allow an attacker to gain either administrative access to the website, or even the web server itself. This second paper was written to help the average administrator and developer to have a better understanding of the types of threats that exist, along with how to detect them...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Boston, please attribute papers when you're posting them.

http://www.cgisecurity.com/papers/

And doesn't this belong in Security?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well if i hand posted the full document i would have, but since i linked to it, and there is a full list of credits at the end, i didnt see the point.

As for were it belongs, ID say it could be suited to eitehr forum and since i normaly post this stuff here, that were i did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

To be honest.. and with a great deal of trepidation as a result of recent crap..I would say that these sort of posts aren't really appropriate. They aren't news .. It's just information that people can look up on google.

Cheers,
    Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

people can look up allot of things on google, doesnt mean they do

I fund this, thought it would be interesting read for some, i cant see why it would be wrong to post

Advertisement