Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reception problem

• 26-03-2002 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭

hi there.
    i have this strange problem. the picture quality breaks up on SKY even though the picture strentgh is 100% and the quality is 50%. its not moving either. but everytime the wind picks up to a breeze the channels such as sky one , eurosport start to break up and lose sound. the signal stays the same. only for a few seconds and then back to normal for a few seconds.

i have a grundig LNB and Box i was wondering is this the problem.

I noticeed the the LNB shakes in the wind. I was wondering could i tie it to the back of the dish with some wire or string to stop it shaking.

any ideas guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 psychotic mouse

Somethings loose up there buddy.....

I occasionally get picture 'flicker' if we're in the middle of a gale force wind, but it should'nt be a regular occurrence. The only time I've seen one get really loose was after a bird strike, but I'd say that's pretty rare.

Time to get your spanners out...but be careful if its up high, might be better to call the experts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Could be Dish/LNb arm oscillation.
    Move this dish to a more "protected" location.

Is the dish, high and dry on a chimney?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its not high and dry on a chimney but it is on the corner of the house with edge of the dish out around the corner. i want to move it but its bolted well to the wall of the house and i dont want to loose SKY all together.

Whats olisication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Dish/Arm movement.

Advertisement