Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching specific websites

Options
  • 26-03-2002 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I would like to a number of specific websites and output the matches as ONE page.

Say for example I want to search the irish times website and the irish independent and format the results as one page.
    How would I go about this.

Are there prewritten scripting solutions for this kind of task?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Interesting idea, but you might have to get in contact with the sites themselves first.
    Google offers a 'search within domain', but that's really not what you are looking for.
    Best thing you could do is look on HotScripts or SourceForge to see what's available.
    What do you have access to? (Perl, PHP, C, ASP)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

I am considering my options. I intend to develop in ASP as we want to link up SQL database.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Which flavour of SQL? If you want to use MySQL, or Postgres then PHP might be a better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

That sounded like an interesting problem so I tried the following search string on Google:

robots site:www.stanford.edu OR site:www.mit.edu

What I got was robot pages from both MIT and Stanford. Sounds like what you want.

Advertisement