Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland vs US

• 10-04-2001 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Most of us did....we are truly backward.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's true, and I know how the guy feels as I have cable and pay the price I would of paid for a phone dialup in Ireland.

Ireland is a third world country when it comes to the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep we are been duped!!!!

Everytime I hear that e-commerce hub bullsh!t that Bertie and his gombeens are spewing out to Joe Public I want to hit someone. What a farce we are miles behind every other country in the developed world with regard to High Availability, Value for Money broadband internet access. Until this is delivered to the majority then there is no way in hell we are going to be an "e-commerce hub".

Eircom have proven themselves to be an extremely backward looking company making a complete mess of their broadband strategy. Maybe if they hadn't of thrown money away at Ebeon and the other "investment" ventures of theirs and concentrated on areas where real growth and demand were forcased we might have a decent internet infrastructure. But looking at the gutless chinless wonders that sit on their board its no wonder that company is in the mess it is.

Well at least with an election coming up soon we can all make this an issue with the prospect TD's that will be knik-knaking our doors. Maybe if enough of us complain to them, one or two may take this issue up, then again once their voted in they may just try and get themselves another raise !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

this letter caught my eye in the irish times yesterday

i just never knew we had it so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Is anyone listening?

Advertisement