Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: Audio Galaxy users (Good news)

Options
  • 26-03-2002 6:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A little nice site that helps you greatly!

http://www.boards.ie/members/oj/AG%20albums.htm

Excellant choice there. check it out :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Excellent for those of us who have the command line linux version running 24/7 on fat pipes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Or the commandline windows version on a nice fat pipe. Sweet. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Oh My: Johnny Logan - Save This Christmas For Me

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The kinda bad thing is that not *all* of them are online though, you'd have a better chance of getting them at around 10pm CEST time, thats the peak time for AG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

By Jove nice find OJ! :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

my god, I'll be in heaven once I get a connection, I have surprisingly little of this stuff already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

bah i'll give it the thumbs up EVEN though there is only one fun lovin criminals album.

good find sean!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

2 gigs of stuff later. :) Cheers OJ

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've downloaded a few gigs of CD's already :)
    Find the site great meself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Nice one although unfortunatly I already have all the good albums which are there.

I might have a go at all the Euphoria albums though, very tempting! (*sic*)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Sorry but are all these luvly collections gone for good or is it just a case of being there at the right time? :eek:

Every album I've tried downloading its gone ahead for me right away at full cap, best bet is to connect to AG at peak times (7pm+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Or the commandline windows version on a nice fat pipe.

Windaz .... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Very nice list tho.

I am privy to the same pipe of which Robbo speaks and I have pillaged that list. ;)

Ok I know I just asked yesterday but now I'm in college...

Every link I click is giving me this:
    "Audiogalaxy does not currently host this song, but you can use the Audiogalaxy Satellite system to locate other users who are sharing this song."

Is this all just a Satellite thing or am I unlucky? It's 8:17 - after 7pm and all!

???

:(

name a song that you get that too, and I'll see if I get it

bt - ESCM-compleat album

?

thanks btw.

right this is what I get

bt - ESCM-compleat album

Audiogalaxy does not currently host this song, but you can use the Audiogalaxy Satellite system to locate other users who are sharing this song.

Then I can choose between what bitrate of the song I want, but when I click on the song info, I see that noone online actualy has it though :(
    You just gota keep trying..

ok so I'm not just stupid. phew! Thing is - are u guys just clicking the link and getting lucky? There's no login involved? I've no idea how restricted I am here in college but I know I am.

Thanks for your help.

If u find any of the dance LPs working please post it (I know I know) so I can try too :)

Merci.

Dave Clarke - world service cd 1 is donloading for me now..
    http://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song.php?&g=181007894

cd2

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song.php?&g=181007920

Oh, btw, I am also downloading that bt-ESCM right now, its avaible.. link

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song.php?&g=89826201

About you saying if theres any login needed, you have to be a member of audio galaxy(its free)

if not, go to www.audiogalaxy and download the client..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It always says the Bob Dylan files are blocked due to copyright :[

Dang.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wow... big list... too bad theres only one metal album in all of that... it being Kill 'em all by Metallica of course. Good collection of stuff there. Try to get some metal stuff in there too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I've no idea how restricted I am here in college but I know I am.

Its worth trying.

Audiogalaxy requires that the computer you run the satellite from has FTP access out onto the internet. In recent years colleges have gotten smart and have set up their firewalls to block direct ftp out from most of their general access suites. (Although as a NUIG man I can say there are some exceptions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Also try doing a search for "albw" on Audiogalaxy, theres a program out there called albumWrap that joins up an album into one file so you can download it and then unwrap it later.

Advertisement