Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that tune - Round 2

Options
  • 26-03-2002 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

This one is stretching it a little bit. Right, this one was played on Thursday 19 Feb, starting at around 11.30. It stood out a) cos it was cool and b) cos it was kinda long. Far as I could make out, it lasted over an hour. The only repeated lyrics that I remember seemed to be a chorus of sorts:

"Waiting to die/
    Waiting to die..."

Male singer, high pitched voice, not unlike Jeff Buckley in places. I reckon not many songs fit that description. Any bright ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

If it sounded "not unlike Jeff Buckley", then I think it has to be - Jeff Buckley! It has to be Grace you're talking bout - the title track from his seminal album which, I must add, will do wonders for your CD collection should you purchase or blag a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

grace???
    over an hour???
    waiting to die???

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Yup, Roxy's right. Funny, must have been repeating over and over... I got the lyrics wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

you could have misheard "wait in the fire" it does sound a bit like 'waiting to die' the way jeff sings it

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Yeah, I checked it out yesterday, and I misheard it alright. Methinks I'm gonna have to buy that album... Got his Live a l'Olympia a few months ago, but it was crap, which put me off. Is Grace the best one to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yes, anyone new to Jeff Buckley should always start with Grace.

:)

Lucutus

Advertisement