Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret REM/U2 jam - WHELANS - Wednesday

Options
  • 26-03-2002 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

R.E.M bassist and R.E.M keyboard man to play gig in whelans on wednesday, with special appearance from Bono and The Edge for end of night Jam!!!!!!
    Support from Irish newcomers Blotooth

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

actually we're talking about ken stringfellow here, who was a full member of the posies and big star. with r.e.m. he's only involved as a side member... sure, you can never know what'll happen, but i wouldn't stack my hopes too high... ;)

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scotsman

It's not just Ken stringfellow, but it's that Bass player guy aswell!! I'm not a big REM fan, but I sure know what that Bass player dude looks like.......what's his name. And they both were sayin there's an after show party with U2, after a special appearance by Bono and the Edge.

Dont ask me how I know this. Lets say I eavesdropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

So did Bono and Edge really turn up....how was it if anyone went?

Tara
    Phantom FM
    Saturdays 10-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Goblin

The gig was truly excellent and Mike Mills (for it is he of whom you speak) was indeed there, but he didn't play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hehehe nike mills writes all the songs does'nt he...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Goblin
    The gig was truly excellent and Mike Mills (for it is he of whom you speak) was indeed there, but he didn't play.

mike sang, from whereever he was sitting (think i saw him on the balcony) i herad him slag ken once, then he sang some harmony on god only knows (wasn't it amazing?!) and he whistled on moon river. i thought i had heard him, and afterwards i actually asked ken if it was him, and he said yes...

AtlantaSubrb:cool:

The Venue still made a loss of 300 euro, or should I say the promoter. And I thought me leaking the news would have the place stuffed. Ah well, bet yer all sorry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

By "leaking the news " I presume you mean lying.

Originally posted by Monkey
    By "leaking the news " I presume you mean lying.

whatcha mean lying? when r.e.m. members turn up at friend's gigs anything is possible, any fan knows that! i blame bono that the jam didn't happen...

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"special appearance from Bono and The Edge for end of night Jam"

that didn't happen. All that happened was a member of REM was in the crowd, amazing!

• Advertisement

Man, offcourse it happened, what are you talking about monkey boy! Bono brought the house down and the Edge....well...needless to say, he had had us all on one. Oh, and who'd a thought David Bowie would turn up. Jesus Monkey, you missed a good one. God I bet you're pissin in your boots about missing it! Well dont worry, I'll keep you well informed if there's another celebrity binge. ;)

Back to front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

U2 are crap. there's only a few good REM songs

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

U2 don't have much unique music, which is true, but REM rock. Except for 'up'. and 'reveal'. Which are relatively ****e. Listen to anything before those two albums, and you're on a winner :)

Advertisement