Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis vs. Stereophonics

Options
  • 26-03-2002 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Having heard Oasis' new song, Hindu Times a few times, I decided to check out the song that they are 'apparently' ripping off (Same Size Feet by Stereophonics).

All I can say is "Jeeeesus Christ!".

The riff is an EXACT copy.

Plus, being an Oasis fan, I hate to admit it but the Stereophonics song is MUCH better :D

Make the comparison yourself and see what you think.....

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 phil_h

neither band is worth 2 seconds of my time. both of them are responsible for some of the worst music guitar of our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

that prick Noel Gallagher once said something along the lines of "I hate it when your listening to the radio and you hear a band but they've changed their sound. A band should sound like they've always sounded"

I think he may have been reffering to Radiohead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

There's a good chance that comment has been edited though. It was probably more like: "....A band should sound like they've always sounded... or the Beatles" :)

Not a bit fan of the Stereophonics myself, but I think they're a lot more talented and original sounding than Oasis (apart from the way Kelly Jones can sound scarily like Rod Stewart sometimes).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Who cares?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Who cares?

not me!

love the Doors though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Beruthiel

not me!

love the Doors though! :D

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Oasis-Their songs generally sound just like all their other ones and get boring fast.

Stereophonics-I like this band but they can also become repetitive but not as much as Oasis

So I prefer Stereophonics!

Johnny Gomez;)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

They are both similar in that they both deteriorated after their first albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Roughty

Oasis suck ass :mad:

Advertisement