Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ISP for 128k ISDN?

• 11-04-2001 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I am getting in an ISDN line and was wondering are there any free ISPs offering 128k access. Or which ones are the best for connecting with "HI-Speed".

Thanks

And then in a moment of absolute clarity he realised that there was nothing, not because everything had ceased to exist but rather that it had never been there to begin with.
    Free Your Mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

indigo is the best for servers inside ireland, for outside im not sure, probably oceanfree or iol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Buyandsell are good for UK servers and support stac compression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Oceanfree allow access via ISDN, and give good pings + downloads, it is expensive if you use it alot tho, on ESAT ISDN here, get my own domain name, and a group of IP addresses, not really useful until I get permanent 24/7 flat rate access, but thats more waiting on Eircom to drop their charges, I get good download rate(8 k single, 16k dual), and ping at around 50 or 60 to all irish servers, 80-90 if outside ireland, tis £20 a month for 64 k access(which is all u need unless u want huge phone bills), and £30 for 128k, price is less than 2p a min on peak, less than 1p a min off-peak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by astrofool:
    tis £20 a month for 64 k access</font>
    Eh? So net accessfor ISDN isn't even free?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Buyandsell and Oceanfree do 128k access for free without any of this £20/30 per month bull**** ... and actually probably outpreform the other ISPS since they've good connections to networks out of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

He means the line rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

No he couldn't mean line rental.ISDN line rental is £35 a month.You already get the 2 lines with it,its not a matter of renting one out and not the other.you obviously have to pay for access for some of these ISP's...pff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Chuckles

Stone biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Ocean is the best for UK servers - u should be able to Ping Barrysworld, Jolt, Wireplay at 50-60 and yes it is freeeeeeeeeeeee.

Q

Advertisement