Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my funky new website

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Not bad.
    I do like the linux but i still find it hard to believe you moved FROM redhat TO Mandrake.
    You've obviously not had the same experiences with Mandrake as i have or my mates.
    Anyways nih...

Website thief!!! :-p
    ah it's ok. one of my mates does that comercially. kicks ass. he's ripped off Microsoft a couple of times too!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by halenger
    Not bad.
    I do like the linux but i still find it hard to believe you moved FROM redhat TO Mandrake.
    You've obviously not had the same experiences with Mandrake as i have or my mates.
    Anyways nih...

i refuse to start argueing about mandrake and redhat again. It's perfectly simple. Mandrake has redhat at its core so if you want redhat stuff its all there - and you get the mandrake stuff as well. sigh

Website thief!!! :-p
    ah it's ok. one of my mates does that comercially. kicks ass. he's ripped off Microsoft a couple of times too!!!! :p

There is no such thing as origionality ;) at least I linked to the site i stole stuff from - anyway I re-wrote all the CSS and doubles it's size.

Originally posted by sisob

i refuse to start argueing about mandrake and redhat again. It's perfectly simple. Mandrake has redhat at its core so if you want redhat stuff its all there - and you get the mandrake stuff as well. sigh
    I knew that.
    anyways i'm not gettin into this neither...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Good. no more linux arguments here. it could end up crashing the board :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Indeed. Linux arguments to the Unix forum please! :)

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Great site Mark. I finished that book btw.. answered a lot of questions.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

If its about (GNU/)Linux then why does it have the linux eXPerience.

Last time i checked, XP is a windows version...
    I might be wrong
    -
    BE ALERT!!! (the world needs more lerts)

IRONY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Mark you fool, don't you know that you are supposed to use <irony> and </irony> tags for that?? i know they only work in IE, but still.....

<slapneil></slapneil>

• Advertisement

check out the site again - it's much cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah its a pretty nice looking site. well done!:cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

What is this irony you speak of?
    I hear it is a cheap rip-off of the sarcasm chip...
    AND THE SITE DOESN'T WORK IN MY VERSION OF LYNX!

apart from that it's great!

Originally posted by G@ndalf

AND THE SITE DOESN'T WORK IN MY VERSION OF LYNX!

it works perfectly in lynx - bioch - just doesn't look as good

don't use lynx

Download a version called Links.
    it supports frames...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Marko-joe, no offence but this* is the result of me viewing your site. I am running XP Pro with IE 6, maybe you might want to fix that so I don't have to delve through the source to find links? I know it works fine on Linux, but in all fairness Linux isn't exactly the biggest userbase in the world.

/me dons his flamesuit to protect himself from the "MS Sucks" Linux fanboys.

*It's a 152KB JPEG image, 1280*1024. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 datio

I get the same result as Alk3 did in IE from konqueror,
    i know you probably dont like kde or windows but this is a little harsh :)

the problem in konq anyway is that your three css files are applied consecutively and the print css file ends up clobbering the other two files settings
    once the tag to include the print css file is removed it displays perfectly in konq (and in IE too i'd imagine)

if a gui app crashes in kde i'd recommend using xkill if you cant use the k panel

i will make no comment on mandrake other than it caused me to spend 40 hours last week painstakingly reassembling my partition table after it decided it didnt want to live on my hd with other linux partitions ....

cool site though - nice clean layout, good content

thanks boys,

I had neglected to test it on konq or IE - and now i realise that konq renders in the same inferior way as IE. Anyway gotta cater for the masses - I will be uploading a new improved version of the site because there are a lot of formatting problems in IE and knoq that I gotta sort out

:confused:

the site now works with IE and Konqueror :-)

Mark, the link in your original post no longer works as you are now using the PHP files raw instead of compiling HTML and then uploading -- so it should be http://sisob.dyndns.org/index.php but http://sisob.dyndns.org/ would be best as then it doesn't matter whether you use HTML or PHP for the live site. Anyway, just my 2¢. Also, check your private messages here at Boards. :)

• Advertisement

HA.
    It worked on my computer with IE6.
    HAHAHAHA...
    I'm special!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Me too. But alas 'twas only running Windows 98.

So there.

}:>

Originally posted by halenger
    HA.
    It worked on my computer with IE6.
    HAHAHAHA...
    I'm special!!

mmm, yeah as I said I fixed the problem ;)

Lol, he fixed the problem before you ever went near the site. Try reading a thread as opposed to quickly scanning it -- please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Um... is it me or was podge one of the first to comment on the niceness of the site?

Advertisement