Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good is this?

• 11-04-2001 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hercules 3D Prophet II MX 32MB?
    What about its 64mb version?
    Want the blurb? Here:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This is the GeForce II MX that's winning in comparative benchmarks with 32MB RAM, 183MHz memory clock (faster than the OEM version which has 166MHz memory clock), 4X AGP with Fast Writes / AGP 2X compatible. Tbreak.com had this to say about it - "The 3D Prophet II MX with its 128bit SDR outperformed the 64bit DDR based Creative GeForce MX in every benchmark. What this tells us that the 128bit path is more important than a 64bit path- period." </font>

Basically,would this knock my tnt2 into a ****ed hat? Make it look like an old granny?
    How significant a difference would the 64 mb version make over the 32mb one?
    I'll appreciate your insights.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

I was thinking of getting the same card myself, here’s a review I found on it. Doesn’t sound half bad and at that price I’m sold. biggrin.gif I don’t think the extra memory would make much of a difference well not to the speed of the card anyway. There aren’t many games that require 64mb.

Btw it would blow your TNT2 away

[This message has been edited by tobiwan (edited 11-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Dont buy the 64 mb version, its a ripoff, the card is crippled by the pipelines or something, so giveing extra ram solves nothing at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Hehehe dont forget to add the exchange rate which is at 20% and p+p also in sterling frown.gif

Stone biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

that bit about the 64 bit vs 128 bit is ******,

if you have a 64 bit bus running at 332mhz (166 DDR) it will perform just as well as a 128 bit bus running at 166mhz (166 SDR)

geforce2 mx gives slightly better performance than the original geforce SDR (geforce 256)
    id advise you to just get a geforce 1 DDR if you can, they should be cheaper than a geforce2 mx and are faster for games too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stonemason:
    Hehehe dont forget to add the exchange rate which is at 20% and p+p also in sterling frown.gif
    </font>
    I know,im not forgetting.Maybe you could pick up some similar cards on your stock buying trip? I'm only a little distance away from your shop.wherever it is hehe.I'm within driving distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The DDR 1's are actually a good bit more expensive with scan.co.uk

Advertisement