Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Cartridges

• 27-03-2002 11:08am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Any cheap place in Ireland where I could get inkjet printer catridges??

Maybe posted in wrong thread, if so please move

cheers
    yop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I have used www.7dayshop.com for original HP Cartridges and they are cheaper than trade here in Ireland. They are however very slow.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 psychotic mouse

Try http://www.choicestationery.com/ - they're uk based, but their service is excellent. Very cheap & very fast & I've used them for the past year

Andi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Which inkjets and do you want original manufacturer, third party, or remanufactured?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have a Lexmark Z12 for home use, not bother where the come for or if they are originals or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Have you considered refills? I have used refills on a HP deskjet with no issues It takes a little practice but it does work... its all asbout getting a good seal after you fill the cartridge. You can only refill a few times mind as the print head degrades.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Has anybody used compatibles for the Epson C60? I saw some on that site psychotic mouse posted. The original's are a fortune over here, so if the compatibles are as good.....

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

Those un-original 'refils' are a LOT cheaper than the original manufacturers refils, my cannon bjc610 takes seperate colour cartriges for magenta cyan yellow and black, official cannon ones are £5 each, and the cheapy ones are £2.50 for 2 :-)

There was an article in PC FORMAT about the printer manufacturers selling printers at dirt cheap prices, then charging a lot for the refils, however if you get refils, you're laughing!

i got mine from Viking Direct (cant remember the link) who are a UK firm who deliver next-day to UK & EIRE... hope that helps.

- noog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Zab
    Has anybody used compatibles for the Epson C60? I saw some on that site psychotic mouse posted. The original's are a fortune over here, so if the compatibles are as good.....

Zab.
    AFAIK (current) Epson cartridges have a chip fitted that remembers that they're empty - making refilling them more complex than just pumping ink in. If your place has gotten around this little problem, you're laughing; if not...

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget

AFAIK (current) Epson cartridges have a chip fitted that remembers that they're empty - making refilling them more complex than just pumping ink in. If your place has gotten around this little problem, you're laughing; if not...
    Gadget
    Actually, it wasn't a refill that I was thinking of. That site above ( choicestationary ) has third-party cartridges, which claim to be "pre-chipped and ready to use". I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to use them. The Epson line is "The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in printer damage".

You have to understand the price difference here though. That site is selling 4 black and 4 color for €79, whereas ITDirect is selling the same for about €280. I know I could get the originals cheaper somewhere else, but Epson have kind of annoyed me with the above statement.

Zab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

I have very good experiences with AtlanticInk.com - have always been very happy with their service...

/jayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Zab

Actually, it wasn't a refill that I was thinking of. That site above ( choicestationary ) has third-party cartridges, which claim to be "pre-chipped and ready to use". I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to use them. The Epson line is "The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in printer damage".

Eh, well, FWIW, Epson's Piezo printer heads are built into the printer, rather than the cartridge, so as long as the ink won't clog it, it will be fine - unlike replacement HP/Canon etc. cartridges, there's no risk of damaged print heads, which is a plus.

Gadget

Advertisement