Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Prices - Can anyone help??

• 14-04-2001 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

At the moment I am considering the purchase of a new laptop, to feed my computer addiction when I have to leave my dear desktop for periods longer than a few mins!!.

My budget is in around the £1700 mark and I want something with:

A Mobile Intel PIII processor 700MHz+
    128MB Any kind of RAM
    10GB+ HD
    13"+ TFT or better screen
    A 3D graphics card if possible
    A CD-ROM drive or DVD if possible
    BONUS: Combo NIC

The best I have found so far is the Dell Inspiron 8000 which is going for a little more than my budget allows and still has only 64MB of RAM.

All I ask is if anyone knows where I could get a system >= the requirements above, within the budget given I would greatly appreciate it.

The person who can return the best deal will earn my highest respect.

Thanx
    :-phobos-)

PS: I won't be purchasing until the end of May, so shopping around time is between now and then. So if you know of a deal that is not available yet, but will then, let me know!

Advertisement