Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once again. Whats the best modem 2 get.

• 13-04-2001 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, 1st i need better ping.

2nd what modem should i get i have an internal win modem and as far as i can c every one says if u have one of those things in uer pc u should shoot uer self.

I get 240 - 290 with my modem conected at 33.6 with error control off. With IOL.

I need this to be improved what about the Supra Express 56k pro?
    Or a U.S robotics External?

what sould i get ?? pls help

or that Creative modem blaster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I recently bought the supra express and I'm happy with it. Knocked about 100 off my old ping. As far as I know theres not much difference between them in this price range.

Mine was £60-something from Maplins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

i have a 3Com US Robotics internal its good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

See http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum5/HTML/000546.html for a a modem to buy.

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Get a Pace Modem if you can find one. I think Compustore in Sandyford Ind Est still have a few on their shelves.

Advertisement