Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food critics

Options
  • 27-03-2002 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Who reads the restaurant reviews in the papers or on the net and, based on what they say, go to or avoid those restaurants that were reviewed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

When I lived in Ireland, I used to occasionally read the reviews, but usually only if it was a plce I already knew - to see how the reviewers opinions measured up to mine own :)

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Same here. I wouldn't necessarily rely on someone else's opinion of the food, as everyone's taste varies, but if a review of a place said it was dirty, or the service was poor, I might think twice about checking it out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I like to eat out and will look at the sites and as Kolodny said will most likely avoid the places that get an iffie review, I wouldn't go by what they said even if it was a good review as I made the mistake of doing that once and the place was dreadful beyond words! now I am more likely to go by word of mouth. If you ask people on a forum you are more likely to get a realistic view but I like to see for myself too.

Advertisement