Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 2 only €13 in Smyths Toy Stores!

Options
  • 27-03-2002 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Well thats €13 that could me better spent on ANYTHING else
    i dont think i will be the only person of this oppinion either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Really? Its that bad?

I remember looking forward to it for ages, then I played a Demo and wasnt all that interested. Plus, with only a 56k modem, I wasnt looking for a Multi only game...

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Pah dont listen to them, its great if you can get it to run, I've never had a problem with it, but lots of others did.

tbh thye patching is a bit of a nightmare, but now taht they're bust its shouldnt be a problem wince tehre are no more patches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

never ran for me....and i really wanted to get into it....Sadly my cd has disapeared since then...think i either left it in DNC or some kid who walks our dogs ran off with it....sheesh lifes a b*tch just got a new comp and all that could run it no bother....sniff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I thought once T2 was patched and running well, it absolutely owned like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well i remember some great moments...yeah it could at some points. But the community behind it has been hit hard with the patches..(its the lowest multi-player only game in number of players right???)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

If you have played Tribes 1 dont bother, it will just dissapoint you like nothing else can.
    If you havent then its probably worth the money if you can get it to run. Bit of a lottery tho.
    Mine worked grand till the last patch, but i had lost all interest in it and gone back to T1/cs by then so i have no idea how that one performs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the fact that Tribes 2 is now a low budget title (skipping the 20 mid-range price) yess then 8/9 months since its reaease speaks for itself I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It will cost you another €13 to download all the patches. I'd put the cost to me as very high due to the mental torment I suffered while trying to get it working. It's very ambitious, and can be very fun if you find a group of people playing it seriously. That's all too rare, and it turns into a bloody free for all with rampant vehicle theft and general muppetry. It's an experience, if nothing else...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I bought Tribes 2 when it came out and it has been sitting in my room ever since , I never could get it to work, f***in waste of 40 Punts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well i really liked tribes 2 great online. Well worth the 13quid.

If you baught a game and it dident work why not bring it back to the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It's nigh on impossible to get T1 these days tho. I really wish that T2 took off, I never had a problem with it and thoroughly enjoyed playing MP with it.

Shame really, I'd like to try T1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well as one of the few people who actually play the game in ireland, imo it's a really good game but I started playing it before tribes 1 so I prefere it. You being a t1 player you'll probably not like it but maybe your more open minded than the likes of dusty :)

The mp is very playable on 56k, just as good as t1. And there is only 3-4 patches (not as bad as it used to be), it'd take you 45 minutes max.

And for running it, you'll need a really good comp (that being t2's downfall :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never played either would like to as it looks good .
    Mixed views in here havnt helped but will give it a shot for 13 .
    I have checked Dixons PC world and EB for this (im lazy and go to liffey valley cos its close )
    Was Tribes 2 on Budget or special offer?
    I have G3 ti200 and the games is about a year old should be ok right ?
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just to let yis know, theres a new patch coming out for Tribes 2. Should be out in a couple of months (!!!) and it will include a full patch (i.e., it will patch the game from the 'out of the box' version).

Mind you it will probably still be sh*te :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    tbh thye patching is a bit of a nightmare, but now taht they're bust its shouldnt be a problem wince tehre are no more patches

indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

the 13 euro version is a budget release.
    Its 16 in some places like game and that.

Just for that guy who asked.

Advertisement