Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Address your Bad Moderator issue

• 27-03-2002 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I posted a simple question on the MS/APS forumn asking why posts where being deleted.

Now my post was deleted by Boston. Like, Why ? And No, I don't need to private message him to ask him.

Ive been a mod here since the very first day this board was open and a mod before it was boards.ie and even before then, and Ive never ever complained about anyone.. Till now.

Ive watched Bostons behaviour and I've done jack on him. I've even tried to give the guy some friendly advice.

Now its very simple, based on his past posts and his current trend of 'if i get a question which i dont like, i'll delete the post' method, this is just not on.

I find since hes being on the boards lately I am not enjoying my boards.ie experience any more and all its done is turned it into a mess of flamed posts and negativity. I'm also sure that other people would agree with this.

HE SHOULD NOT BE A MODERATOR - I'm undecided if what he brings to the boards warrants him enought to be even a user.

Tom,
    Do something about this issue please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Agreed.

Over general chat with lots of different people over the last few weeks his name comes up quite a bit when people complain about the boards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

In this instance i believe Boston was right in deleting, spliting, editing posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

MP you are totaly right for the past while I have not had the same joy when posting on the boards. The amount of muppets (be they mods or not) has gone threw the roof. It is not leading to an enjoyable exp.

I was looking back through some old tech and webmaster posts earlier today for something that was posted about a year ago and do you know what I spent hours reading over them and wondering what has gone wrong these days? It used be fun and a pleasure you could post something and get a decent answer or if you were joking with someone they never over reacted.

I dont know what has happened lately but its not the boards I used to know. Hell its turning into a soap at this stage.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Speaking as an "ordinary" user of the boards, I find all this sh*t terribly tedious. There's been so many threads lately on this and related issues, one can hardly keep one's eyes open.

Zzz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

It wasnt there when I looked. It appears there now. I've no idea whats going on but i suspect foul play.

STILL...

It doesn't really change much. he's deleted other peoples posts and my opinion doesnt change. This is a case of a moderator muppet and it clearly shows.

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Speaking as an "ordinary" user of the boards, I find all this sh*t terribly tedious. There's been so many threads lately on this and related issues, one can hardly keep one's eyes open.

Zzz...

Have to agree, which is my point .. nearly. The Joe soap user has seen nothing but Boston this /that the other, its an obvious problem and needs to be addressed.

the story goes, azezil said something wwm didn't agree with, azezil deleted his post, aloud of question followed about why azezil was deleted, someone called azezil peon(whatever that is)

I asked for clarification I received it, along with a complaint requesting the personal attack be deleted along with his posts, I did. then other people replied asking what happened to the posts and why they were deleted, I promptly split the thread and sent it on its way.

I then when back and edited up the remaining posts that were relevant to the topic.

this had nothing to do with me, or people questioning me.

the two parties involved agree that I was right
    Originally posted by the vAGGABOND
    Boston: fair play for clearing the topic,

if you had pm'ed me this could have been avoided,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah I was looking over the thread a while ago and the post was definately deleted and stuck in trash. Maybe just a line saying that you had deleted and then sneakily restored it after reading Erics complaint would have been in order instead of simply posting a link to the thread.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Boston
    the story goes, azezil said something wwm didn't agree with, azezil deleted his post,
    #

actually, i said something he didnt agree with

:p

• Advertisement

Boston,

You may 'feel' you were right in this case. Way to go, but its not just about this case, its about the over all Boston Stuff, or as I like to call it BS.

if you had pm'ed me this could have been avoided,

If you behaved like a moderator this could have been avoided.

i didnt delted it logic, i split it straight there, i dont think i have the power to delete something nad then restore it,
    It wasnt there when I looked. It appears there now. I've no idea whats going on but i suspect foul play.

i dont know what type of time delay the boards has but i moved it straight there.

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    Boston,

You may 'feel' you were right in this case. Way to go, but its not just about this case, its about the over all Boston Stuff, or as I like to call it BS.

If you behaved like a moderator this could have been avoided.

sorry but this realy has nothing at all to do with you. i dont understand your problem. all parties involved have settled it now and are being far more mature about this then you. im sure if they have a problem they will voice it.

you had another thread to voice you opinion on me, you id, story is over.

Wwm, i ididnt see that since the post was gone.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, now, I've spoken to Boston about a few things but the logic of this escapes me...

I think its hardly fair to say "hey boston, loads of people keep whinging about you, you are obviously a problem..."
    Perhaps if someone were to come to me with an actual COMPLAINT about a specific INCIDENT I would be able to evaluate it.
    Instead, I've been getting the weakest general complaints about his actions on other boards. Something I've spoken to him behind the scenes about.

Noone has yet actually come to me and complained about his modding, mostly they complain about his volume of posting and his hotheadedness.

The place to question a mods reasons for deleteing a post is HERE on Admin where only the admins have control and no mod can delete the question or interfere with the thread.

Cant everyone just relax the kacks for 2 mins while I sort out a few ground rules and get a handle on why everyone's noses are out of joint...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Ah right didn't notice the link you posted was to the recycle bin.

.logic.

My post is in the recycled bin
    actual COMPLAINT about a specific INCIDENT I would be able to evaluate it.

I am making a complaint. My post was deleted. Yes, even 'I' make mistakes, however, if enough people moaned about my 'style and methods' of moderation, i would take a look at it and wonder wtf it was all about.

At the end of the day, if its an official complaint you want. You got it. Sorry Tom, I hate this cr4p as much as you do.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Right,
    actually I've reviewed this completely now and through the logs.

Two users who clearly have a personal agreivance had a go at each other it seems on a thread. Boston waded in, split the offtopic posts into a thread on its own and sent it to the recycle bin. Sorry MP if your question got trashed along with it, but a genuine cry for help was being spammed with personal issues and Boston got it back on track. Fair dues.

Now the BS, is as much people bickering about Boston and Bonkey (people seem to be mixing them up a lot), and its hardly their fault.

Can someone give me a specific problem to fix and I will, but this kinda of "well I dont like him so he should go" attitude isnt actually viable for a community of 7000.

Noone is innocent and I'm going to ask for an avoidance of trolling or baiting for a while, just back off everyone because you are all causing the problem as I can see. If its personal, keep it personal.

Trust me, there are 15 prominent members of boards who are at the heart of this.

It would be a shame to lose them.

DeV.

fair enough, ive the people involved and devore saying i didnt do anything wrong. id hate to see what would happen to me if i ever did actually feic up.

Originally posted by Boston

sorry but this realy has nothing at all to do with you. i dont understand your problem.

You deleted my Post, How can you not understand why its not a problem?

you had another thread to voice you opinion on me, you id, story is over.

You have no idea what my opinion of you is.

i didnt delete your post, i moved it, devore has said this to you, logic has said this to you, ive said this to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Boston - there is no need to reply to every single post, even if you feel its directed at you.

Just rise above it all..

Right,

Ive talked to Dev about this and I'm gonna just leave it at that. For the moment anyway.

g'luck for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement