Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A letter to Killian

Options
  • 27-03-2002 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I can't fit this into a PM so

Regarding Bandwars & Gisgamart

I was only taking the piss!
    My point in doing so was that you were being overtly negative and I was attempting to satirise your over the top interrogation. Your questions were answered as best I could. Your questions were becoming ridiculously anal and it seemed like a bit of a vendetta.

The category guidelines represent the type of music that traditionally enters the competition. If you have ever played a gig you will know how much better it is to play on a night with bands of a similar musical direction. The sound is easier to handle, one bands crowd can dig the other band etc.

If you don't want to enter or if you think this is too dear then don't. Some bands think thats fair enough and are confident in their own abilities to gamble such monies.

Either way as attendances are historically high at band competitions they know that at least gigsmart gets a financial boost that is better for them in a numerous amount of ways, from having gigs in TBMC to having radio ads for their gigs to maintaining and expanding gigsmartireland.com as a new portal for new music and many more benefits too numerous to mention.

By helping out and taking part bands who get their gigsmart card also know that by us taking on this competition we have earned them more support from the different comapnies involved. They get cheaper musical equipment, cheaper studio time, cheaper duplication and a beer promo at their gigs that will help them compete with other clubs as a viable alternative night out.

As you can see this competition is one of many things to help make live music a viable night out. To help more Irish bands get out there.

The workings of the competition are fair and sound no matter how hard you try to poke a hole in it. I have answered all you queries as best I can and its likely that only real conversation can
    help you understand that this is good.

As I say I'm available to meet to discuss whenever and wherever you want since this typing back and forth lark is tiresome and impersonal (which is what Trev meant by April 13th). I am in the international Bar, Wicklow Street every Saturday night and my phone number is 085-7189920

Thomas Brunkard

P.s. I can assure you that my Daddy is way bigger than anyones Daddy

Advertisement