Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Folder Options ?

• 14-04-2001 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Right, tricky one to explain this but here goes.

In a Windows folder, say I have 10 files arranged in order of name, then I cut out 3 files and paste them in another folder elsewhere. Now if I close the folder in which the files originally were and reopen it, there is still a gap inbetween the files where I've taken them out.

I do remember that if I removed files from a folder and closed the folder, then reopen it, the files would have arranged themselves automatically in order of name.

I'm not sure what else to say or how better I can describe it but can anyone help ?

Nil Desperandum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You have to have auto arrange on, or another view other then icon view (like Details).

Advertisement