Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g-force prob

• 09-04-2001 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Lo peep ,i have a brand new g-force2mx 1280 agp graphics card,it works ok doing everything else expect when i want to use it with direct x 7 or 8 or try to run a 3d game,it will not run with either.I have looked for drivers but theres so many,did anyone have same prob or do u no wheer i can get the right drivers or chould it be something else,BTW this was all done after my kt7a raid mb and 1ghz pro was put together,every thinng else worked part from the vga,any help will be greatfull ,cheers .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

dont know too much about geforces myself, but i do know your looking for some version of the detonator drivers.
    You can download whichever one is of them is relevant to your setup, from the following link...

detonators here

enjoy!

[This message has been edited by davoc (edited 09-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use the detonator 7.52's myself, no problems at all. (GeForce 2 GTS 32mb)

- Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

Hi

I have a similar prob with a socket 7 board Im working on at the mo. Here though are some tips that I finally remembered today that can sort me out, and might apply to you:

1 The board Im working on is a Gigabyte 5aax with a Ali alladin V chipset... this chipset always had probs with running Direct x with Nvidia chips ( TNT2 upwards to Geforces)

2 Changing to Det. drivers wont fix my prob. Gotta get the updated ALi drivers for the mobo . which I got www.giga-byte.com go here to read about it ....

So, if your mobo is an ALi chipset I suggest searching the Web for info on compatability with the Nvidia chips . Look for the ALi website or the website for your mobomanufacturer (ASUS ??? or is it ABIT ??) and d/l the drivers for the mobo ( which will include newest AGP drivers)

I will point out that only last night, I tried the exact same case as you ... new WIN98 install, new MX card, new everyting.
    CS would run in OpenGL ( det 3 drivers) but not in Direct x 8. So today I expect to get it sorted with the ali 1.69e AGP drivers I d/l today from Gigabyte

Hope this sorts it out. It P****d me off no end last year when same happened to me as its not a well documented prob, but easily sorted when I finally found out .

Th

PS _ Maybe if anybody else is having this prob a thread can be made ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

well good luck with getting it working on the ali chipset. If you get it working completely stable let us know. I deal with that motherboard a lot in work, (gigabyte ali chipset) and I don't have a very high opinion of it to be honest.

Town: did you get the nvidia drivers and get it working yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

No still havent got it going ,i put me old vodoo 3000 back in ,no probs,i tried the detonators and other drivers but ill be trying the giga bite site for bios settings and drivers,looks promising,any other ideas are more then welcome : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

i'm a bit hazey on this but theres'a thing with the vgart.vxd thingy that u can fix.....AGP device driver i think, also get det3 vesion 6.50 from www.nvidia.com
    they're the newest offical ones i have, i've used Betas before and got nothing but grief from em, unstable. Olso when changing drivers change ur display to 'Standard PCi controller' and reboot a few times to make sure, then uninstall the drivers, reboot and install the new ones, or else you are going to pull ur hair out, and the new plugs aren't a cheap operation, believe meh......
    i have a 440BX, aopen mobo, it says it doesn't support 4xAGp, but other 440BX mobos do, can I fix this Gerry?? I also have UDMA33, but I don't think this can be improved with just a driver change, can it?
    John [VTi]Syxpak

No-one ever suspects the Duck
    He who must die, must die in the dark even though he sells candles

Advertisement