Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god help me : (

• 14-04-2001 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

findfast will slow your machine right down and you don't really need it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

the only two you really need are explorer and systray. FindFast is a hog and will cause exactly what you are describing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well here's two tips
    never play any games and try burning a cd at the same time
    never press ctrl+alt+del when a cd is burning

these are jsut basic things that will mess up your cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

lo peep,loads of probs with me pc,the latest one is ,i think theres some thing running in the back round,when im burning cds i get system errors and when im playing me quake it slows down every now and again.
    When i ctrl,alt and delete the programs that are running are explorer,mediadat,findfast,ctnotify,systray and osa.is there any of these i dont need runing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Go to accessories/system tools/system info/tools/system config util/startup and uncheck everything apart from system tray and explorer. smile.gif

Stone biggrin.gif

thats win98 btw hehe

Advertisement