Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Out Problem

Options
  • 28-03-2002 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm having trouble getting the TV out display on my laptop working. The laptop is a Toshiba satellite 1800-814. It has a 1024 LCD. It's running XP home. The drivers are the latest. The gfx card is a "Trident Video Accelerator Cyberblade XP Ai1". The settings I have on are PAL, and under the television tab, the defaults.

I've tried disabling underscan and the flicker settings but it made no difference. DVD's work ok on the LCD but I wanna watch them on a decent telly. I've searched google, Toshiba.com, .co.UK, .ie but I couldn't find anything about it. Toshiba.co.uk had a trouble shooter with questions like "is your TV and comp on" - it didn't solve much like. I can even get a (n extremely) fuzzy picture up in b+w.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has one and is having the same problem or has resolved it before I go mailing Toshiba themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

a mate of mine is having the exact same problem

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

:(

Looks like im gonna have to find something like RF > SCART. At least then i could remove the tuning problem:) Its annoying having to retune the telly over all the freq's everytime ya make a change to the gfx card settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You havent said what exactly the sympyoms are? Ie. No display, rolling, white noise etc.
    What type of connections are you using?

You should at least be using a Composite video connection, so you won't need to worry about tuning at all. Just plug it in and set your TV to that input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

on my mates its a comp out to a little scart adapter.
    Basically nothing happens, sometimes you get audio but no picture and if you mess with the settings you can get a black and white distorted version of teh desktop on the TV.

BomB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Have you played with the resolutions on the laptop? Try dropping to 640x480 or 800x600.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I use an S-Video cable on my IBM TP. I had difficulty at first... I had to disable the laptop monitor to get the TV to work. I also had to drop the resolution to 640x480....

However, since you have a BW noisy picture, have you considered that it might be the TV?
    Try another TV
    Try plugging out cable/satellite/vcr/etc and try retuning with just the laptop connected....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

Well i think my res is right cause you can only turn on the tv out when you set the lcd to 800x600 and 16 bit.

I'm not sure what composite cable is? Could someone tell me? I'm just using a lead that would go from a vcr to a tv. The TV out is a round yellow plug

It isnt the tv becuase i have tried others with no luck

The symtoms are rolling, snow, no sound, the picture is jumping around, the picture is blurry, it is black and white.

Advertisement