Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divney on ice

Options
  • 28-03-2002 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Bonsoir les enthusiasts de radio!

Ici le details pour le dex heures de 'Thursday Challenge' pour nuit:

- Il y a beaucoup de Moinseur Tony Divney, pour telephoner de 'Divney on Ice', ha! ha!

- Silas O'Rourke avec un grand plan de monde domination, il a un special bulletin de usual merdre.

- Aer Finglas, les aviators bonhomme retourner de Johno's mother et Anto n'est pas heruex de 'stupid old bitch'.

- Le challenge, comme chaque semaine, il sera superb et formidable naturellement.

- La music pour le weekend, bon, tres bon, avec Plastic Bertrand, Edith Piaf et tous les Wexford Senior Mens Choir.

Eh bien, le 'Thursday Challenge, a huit heures chaque semaine, le premier part de la jour! Je vous prie d'agreer moinseur, l'expression de mes sentiments distinguees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 silas o'rourke

My French colleague neglected to mention that tonight's Thursday Challenge starts at 7pm for a two-hour Easter special. Crucifictions live throughout the show, plus! who would you like to see resurrected and why?
    Exclusive interview with Jesus to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

Sorry about that people of course we will not be having any crucifixion's live in the studio. However a certain undercover reporter who goes by the name of Silas O Rourke may be carrying a large cross to the top of a very big hill!!!
    Oh and I talked to Billy Baxter, Jesus' agent and he said that unfortunately he will be busy for the next three days...something about saving mankind from eternal damnation??
    He did say that a certain Judas Escariot would be available to talk on his behalf. All we have to do is come up with the fee.
    If anyone knows where one could lay their hands on 30 pieces of silver we'd be very grateful.
    Watch this space...

OK you can stop watching now. Christian Slater (See you later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

Speaking of crucifictions, an equally torturous ordeal is sitting through those ridiculously long masses that happen this time of year. Remember as a kid having to sit through four hour masses, nearly every ****ing day for about a week? Jaysus, what a nightmare. And there was always that epic gospel reading or something, where respected members of society would get up and play different parts like Pontius Pilate, and the congregation would be the unruly mob. And as a kid, you'd be standing there thinking "Only a few more days of this s*** and then I can stuff my gob with chocolate."
    And what exactly is 'good' about Good Friday?

Such blasphemous utterances will only make your stay in hell all that more uncomfortable Mr. D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

WOW, I hope the show isnt in french :) tambien, yo creo que escuchare te todos modos.
    what's good about good friday, well for those lucky people out there , they get the day off from work, unlucky souls such as myself have to work so friday isnt so good. :)
    ;)

• Advertisement

I have it on good authority that the show will not be conducted through the medium of French. The idea had been raised recently at a Thursday Challenge board meeting but after a massive brawl involving the French ambassador to Ireland, Tony Divney and a man calling himself 'Keith', it was decided to do the show in English. Mr. Jacques Buffon, a Parisian industrialist, had hoped to woo private investement (cont'd page 62)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

go jeebus!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

They should rename it "Closed Friday" cos every drinking establishment in the damn country is closed!!:mad:

Advertisement