Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comedy

Options
  • 28-03-2002 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

does anybody here ever go to any comedy nights at all???? - and if so what r they like???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

yes, depends who's playing, did u know you can hear live comedy tonight from 7 - 9pm on Phantom? just checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

no i didn't know that who is it going to be of ?????

It's a weekly live comedy show called Thursday Challenge and it has been running since August on Phantom. There aren't any 'big names' involved although I'm sure you've heard of Tony Divney. Anyway, it's a good laugh so why not give it a listen?

.............a friend of mine is a comedian how do other comedians get involved?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

monday nights upstairs in the international bar have a comedy improv night which is very good very cheep and very funny

• Advertisement

er... don't really know to be honest. tell him to tune into the show and he'll see what kind of material it is. there'll be contact numbers and email address given out during show, so that could be an avenue to take.

oh right cool - i might go c one of them.............

the ha'penny inn bridge pub place thing beside the ha'penny bridge also does a comedy improv night, not sure which night, but apparently it's good too. and the pints are nice there.

yeah i have heard of there too so is it sketches that they do on this show tonight or what?????

.....sounds good and is it the same 2 presenters every week???

• Advertisement

yes, it's the same two presenters every week. enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Get yourself down to Kilkenny for the June Bank Holiday Weekend. Its excellent and theres loads to choose from. Normally the lesser known names (from UK and US) are better than the well known names. Apart form that The International Bar (as said earlier), but on a Wed or Thursday (I can't remember). Its normally good. Murphy's Laughter Lounge on the Quays is normally ****3

Advertisement