Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community Forum - NTL Internet/Cable Modem

• 28-03-2002 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Any chance one could be set up.
    People seem to be having a couple of problems with NTL Internet so it'd be handy if we had a forum for it, so we don't piss all the net/comms readers off.

- Kevin
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by p
    Hey,

Any chance one could be set up.
    People seem to be having a couple of problems with NTL Internet so it'd be handy if we had a forum for it, so we don't piss all the net/comms readers off.

- Kevin

can see this might be handy alright
    píss off the IOFL membvers more like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 WillieW

I'd like to see a forum for that subject too. Anyway, as the NTL cable modem becomes more widespread, it might well need its own spinoff forum, so maybe it could be started now...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I disagree. What kind of subjects were you going to cover? NTL shortcomings and lack of coverage would fall under IOFFL's board (NTL are responsible for our internet fiasco too) and any network probs would exist happily in Nets/Comms. It would be akin to having separate boards for Esat Dial-up and Eircom Dial-up and ISDN and ADSL............
    No, I think Nets/Comms is still perfectly equipped to handle it. But then of course it's not even remotely close to being my decision :p

The only reason people get uppity when NTL are mentioned is because we are extremely jealous. "Network Slow?! Boo Hoo! Be Happy with what you've got you ungrateful.........". :p You get the idea.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I agree with seamus, we already have the Nets/Comms board and The general Tech board, both of these boards can handle any question or query that you may have. The tech section is cluttered enough as it is.

Unless there is a huge increase in NTL related posts then i reckon it would be a waste of resources.

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

While we're at it, what about an ADSL Forum too? :p

There are almost as many ADSL triallists as NTL cable-modem users.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i think a general broadband forum would be great. for adsl, ntl and the no existant "Powernet"

discuss things to do will our new found speed. problems creating a server using the cable/adsl etc etc

PS I just want to be a mod!!!

ah go on ah go on ah go on ah go on ah go on ah go on ah go on
    GO ON:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Maybe a 'Broadband' category, with forums in it for NTL, ADSL, Satellite, Chorus?

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Yea a broadband forum would be good to start on since alot of things would probably be the same between the different options.

If neccessary then if demand grew it could be a catapry in itself.

- Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nets/comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I agree that a 'broadband' fourm would be much used and increaseing so as it becomes more widespread

• Advertisement
Advertisement