Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some help with hardware, please =-)

• 17-04-2001 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Ok heres the deal, i have £300 saved up and as my games give off the $hitest frame rates, im thinking of upgrading my PC. Im currently running on a P3 450 with 128 Ram and a Rage Fury Maxx 64mb graphics card (rubbish dont be fooled) and i was wondering what £300 could get me in terms of getting upgraded, any ideas? Processor or G-card?

*=CueBall=*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

1 more thing what copy of windows is better to use? 95 , 98 , 2000 or ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Linux is better but Win 2000 is the best M$ os.

What type of mobo do u have?

[This message has been edited by Keeks (edited 17-04-2001).]

I currently have some dod*** one with a built in sound card, but i can put in a GA-6BXC intel 440BX AGPset

OMFG cant i even say D0d***!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well the way around that is to just spell it - "dodgy".
    The only thing that's banned there is the use of the word "g e y", funnily enough it was deemed as being utterly ghey, so it's censored now. biggrin.gif

Regarding your original question:
    I'd say go for a new mobo/cpu combo, you should be able to pick up an athlon/duron package for under £300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think the GA-6BXC can take a p3 850, with a slot to socket adapter. Otherwise you can get a board and a duron 800 - 850 for that money.

Advertisement