Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Hansard & Mark Geary solo dates

Options
  • 28-03-2002 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Glen Hansard (of course needs no introduction) is currently doing some Solo shows with Mark Geary (my actual reason for this post) throughout Ireland. Mark Geary played support fpr the frames in NYC... a realy fantastic singer singwriter type, talented, funny, excellent songwriter, and though he is Irish has been in NY for awhile, definitley worth checking out (maybe not the metalers cup of tea but anybody who likes a good singer-songwriter will definitely enjoy).

some dates:

mcgarrigles, sligo march 28th
    The Lobby, Cork April 2nd
    The Lobby, Cork April 3rd
    Cleeres Hotel, Kilkenny April 4th
    Cleeres Hotel, Kilkenny April 5th
    Dolans Warehouse, Limerick April 6th
    Roisin Dubhs, Galway April 7th

Mark also apparently has a Dublin date as well (not sure if this involves Hansard) (sorry don't know the venue)
    dublin, monday april 15th

really worth checking out - if you doubt me see for yourself on his website - a talented Irish artist maybe not so well known at home.

http://www.markgeary.com/

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Miss.Tris

Going to see glen in dolans on 6th. Never heard of Mark Geary. Didnt know he was playing. Does he do his own works or mainly covers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

his own work, he is a very good songwriter i/m/o some mp3s on his website, folk/rock sort of stuff. "it beats me" and "south" would be my suggestions of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Miss.Tris

Cool...Looking forward to it!:D

Advertisement