Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jessie-Ignore = true!

• 28-03-2002 5:46pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've turned on the ability to ignore Mods.

Feel free to ignore the shít out of each other.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sounds perfect, people dont read things right as it is, we should see a nice encrease in people runing to admins half cocked complainign about being deleted for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i don't think thats' such a good idea, what if a user is causing hassle on a thread, you repremand them but they presist. They can say they have you in their ignore list!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll delete them.
    If they complain that they had me in their ignore list... I'll shrug.

Btw, I'm looking into limiting certain peoples number of posts per day because some people (HINT HINT BOSTON) are using the boards like a chat room. We have a chat room for that.

People shouldnt be posting more then 10 times a day to boards. Its like shouting other people down at a dinner party. It rude and eventually noone listens to what you say because you are just that loud oaf in the corner again.

DeV.

then thats their tuff luck.

my problem is basically all this recent crap isnt due to people reading post, but peoples inability to read posts, to jump to conclusions, to be geared up for hassel, not think before they press reply. doubt this will be solved by the ignor feature. up if it means people stop bitching about me im all for it

7.98 post a day devore.

Btw, i dont care about posts, you can knock a thousand off my post count right now and i couldnt mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

*plonk* *plonk* *plonk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i love dinner parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Is there a way of setting it so only a mod can ignore a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Why would I read a discussion forum simply to ignore in a blanket way other people's opinions, that seems juxtaposed to the basic endemnification of participating in open discussion, but I suppose some people feel the need.

Who cares, my father has a great saying **** the begrudgers.

What a tedious thing to lobby Devore for, the ability to ignore the opinions of other people in a carte blanche way, hopefully the idots who want me to dumb down my posts will simply ignore them and thus not cause themselves any great mental anguish trying to understand multi syllabic words.

Typedef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

if you ignored me, chances are you still see my annoying posts but miss the ones were im not, cause trouble allways gets quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

if you want to get rid of this quickly!

find all the posts that were brought up, and all the agruments that followed and delete them, then delete all this related stuff in admin...

then any one who wants to bitch then has nothing to back themselves up with....then wait until someone steps out of line and publicly cut them down a notch or two...

bitching = being horrible (and there is no point in being horrible to anybody)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Boston
    but peoples inability to read posts, to jump to conclusions, to be geared up for hassel, not think before they press reply.
    ^ = Boston in a nutshell.

tell it to my index fingure santahoe, cause i dont care anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

tell it to my index fingure santahoe, cause i dont care anymore
    ROFL :)
    You tell that to my pinky finger, because I don't care anymore either.

Also Typie..link me to your original post where you proclaimed this great “ignore” injustice

Consider yourself linked.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45665&pagenumber=2

<Insert Typedef loosing it with Mercury_Tilt>

Lugubrious (adj) : dismal, mournful.
    Lugubriously - Mornfully, dismally <or> in a sorrowful state of disarray, much like your post
    <edit>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i'm gonna put boston on ignore till he changes his sig, does my head in, especially when you see it 10 times a topic :/

boston.jpg=)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

just turn of signatures, a bit less ignorant, and we didnt really need to know that in any case...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

snap astrofool....
    good job not too many people use 640x480 nowadays.....

By the way, is it possible to ignore a mod on all forums excluding the one(s) that the person is moderator of... where that person might have something of merit to say?

hold on, let me get this straight, your ignoring me because of my sig. did it ever acure to you to actually tell me you had a problem with it, i would have removed it right away.

but since your taken this option, im keeping it

no, im sick of this, people are either to stupid or inconsiderate to even bother to talk to someone if they have a problem with.

no instead they pent it up inside and then release it months later in a thread demanding i be baned,
    im going to bed before i say something ill regret later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i think we should all add Boston to our 'buddy lists', as he could do with a few friends right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive tried to keep out of this after Dev's post till now, but i do have one question to ask.

Boston, Is the sig some attempt at a dig at me? You seem intent on calling me Dustin, who is a well known puppet. Just wondering if that is co-incidence or not. I dont really mind tbh, but it seems a bit rich after you pming me about my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Typedef
    What a tedious thing to lobby Devore for, the ability to ignore the opinions of other people in a carte blanche way, hopefully the idots who want me to dumb down my posts will simply ignore them and thus not cause themselves any great mental anguish trying to understand multi syllabic words.

Typedef.
    And you wonder why people dislike you?
    Boston
    28-03-2002 04:49 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
    :):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Waah waaah waaaah.

no dustaz it has nothing to do with you.

and why are people intent on telling me they have me on there ignor list, i dont care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What did Devore say? I have him on ignore..

btw, if it's your forum just leave your warning comment in the persons post. They can't ignore thier own posts. :p

• Advertisement

the sarcasm is strong with this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Boston if it's any consolation, i don't have you on ignore...

Originally posted by Celt

And you wonder why people dislike you?

:):):):):):):)

<edit>

Em Celt stop being so hostile, really if you don't have something constructive to say, please refrain from saying anything in the future.

Typedef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Typedef

<edit>

Em Celt stop being so hostile, really if you don't have something constructive to say, please refrain from saying anything in the future.

Typedef.

Just put him on ignore for fu<ks sake :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :)

And stop signing your posts - we can see who you are on the left.

a pity to turn off all signatures due to one completely m0nged one. Especially when most posts are one line IRC type answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by astrofool
    a pity to turn off all signatures due to one completely m0nged one. Especially when most posts are one line IRC type answers.
    ooohhh arrrr now thats a handbag swing n a half! :)

if i could make my sig more annoying i would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

if i could make my sig more annoying i would

You really have a lot of problems if you let all this get to you.

I have a suggestion: It's sunny outside (well in London it is) go out and kick some small children round the head. Always sorts me out, makes me feel like a real man all my anger gone in one swift boot!! :)

ah see they are english. not the same feeling here

this doesnt bother me, just its become a point of principal now, to be honus my sig was starting to bug me,

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

shush or ayatollah will hear you!

we dont need him to make a new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Bugging you? Not as much as it bugged me. Deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭frankly

As a relative newbie (posts anyway) I'm telling you, this thred is HILARIOUS.

hey, i feel as if ive been castrated, now i know how wwm feels :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Cloud
    Bugging you? Not as much as it bugged me. Deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement