Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good news for me- or is it?

• 28-03-2002 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

my gf and i just split up following a text message exchange.

i thrilled

should i be?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

well that really depends on whither you want to break up with her or not
    do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

no, i didn't
    i was prepared to continue for a while more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by klong
    no, i didn't

Define a 'while more'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ok everyone is thinking it so i am going to ask it

What happened ?

For my tupence worth, textual break ups are a no no. face to face is the only way, you can face each other then.

Hoefully it will sort itself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

For my tupence worth, textual break ups are a no no. face to face is the only way, you can face each other then.

i know usually break ups over the fone/txt wotever are a no no but some things are easier said not face to face! fair nuff it's usually the cowards way out but i think it prevents a lot of lies and the whole "we can still be friends" thing! maybe i'm wrong i dunno! but actually in saying all that i guess if i was in your shoes i'd rather be told face to face....wot did happen n e way? did she just say "hi - it's over"??

please excuse my nosiness......!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Also nosey - want to hear all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Breaking up by text is cowardly - no better than doing it on the phone. Very 21st century though... what next.. proposal by SMS? File for divorce by SMS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

I've just joined the nosey queue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

Very 21st century though... what next.. proposal by SMS? File for divorce by SMS?

nah i think marriage via the internet will be here first!...imagine it now....u in ur country your partner somewhere across the world! instant messaging with u ur partner the priest (or whoever!) and ur witnesses! if ur family wish to attend they can stand behind u and read ur screen while u relish in ur blissful happiness......!! hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

feck her.... but be friends..

An ex of mine, broke up with me via an email. :eek:

thats women for u.

she still emails to this day..... its her lost

Now Im found the "bestest" woman in the world. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

no, i didn't
    Well from that it sounds like it was more of a casual suiteed the both of ye kind of relationship more of a love thing?

Im also curious? Did it get nasty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

my gf and i just split up following a text message exchange.

Wow - I didn't know sheep could send SMS messages :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

no nastinesss involved

she said "can we still be friends?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I hope ya told her where to go when she said that?...."can we still be friends?"..PAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If I was you I'd tell her your phone was stolen and pretend nothing happened. Make her do it face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I broke up with a gf via SMS once, a few years ago. Just as well, as I was with another woman at the time and a voice call might have been a little awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I broke up with my gf last Sat evening. Actually twas quite funny (it was on the cards for a while, but kinda hoped that she would initiate it). Anyway I was in my rented house in Castlebar, and got a text that things were going rough and she needed a break. So I raced over to her house (4 doors up :D). Told her that the feelings were mutual, and that I think it's for the best.

I was trying to keep the ear to ear grin under wraps as I left her house and came back to Galway. She said we'd keep it as friends (TBH I don't really care coz she really wrecked my head for the past few weeks). When I got home I sent her an email which had a good mood attached to it, with the whole "let's be friends" attitude in action. I got an equally similar response. But then (I think it was about wed evening), I got mail from her that was nothing but complete bitchiness. I don't know where it came from (probably the plonker friends she hangs around with). It annoyed me intially, but then I came to my senses and laughed. She obviously doesn't know how to be just friends, and is freaking out. So I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Now kids, the moral of my breakup story is to try and do the opposite of everything that was done here. Eventhough I'm happy, I can't say the same for her, and what's worse, she has rendered me to a state where I couldn't give a toss.

;-phobos-) -[HAPPY AS A PIG IN SH1T]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Hobbes
    If I was you I'd tell her your phone was stolen and pretend nothing happened. Make her do it face to face.

A top class idea my friend... breaking up with someone via SMS is just taking the easy way out (and if you dont mind me saying is pretty damn cowardly)

Advertisement