Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Ratio Cap

• 28-03-2002 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this is even possible but how about when a member reaches a certain post ratio then they are restricted from posting until their ratio drops again.

This would be an built-in, impartial method of preventing spam and force people to consider if their post is really worth posting.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Interesting idea... what kind of ratio are we talking here?
    There again, like anything else - it could harm the people who genuinly have things to take care of and are genuinly very busy boards'ing bee's.
    Just 12-click the obvious spammers and be done with it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

o i love this idea, that when when i edit, move or delete topics, i wont even have to tell people why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Guess it's a non-runner then. Let the spam continue unabated then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What about addressing it in a slightly different manner.... like basing it on the average number of charictors per post or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement