Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to Wales

• 29-03-2002 2:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Can you send a SMS text to a mobile in Wales? Will it go through the networks and do you need the international access code?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yes, you can send an sms to anywhere in the world for no extra cost (I think). Just add the country code, e.g. +44 for UK before the regular number, removing the '0' in the area code, e.g. someone sending a message to an 087 phone from outside Ireland would start the number with +35387.

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Depends on whether the mobile originator and the mobile terminator networks have a interconnection agreement. Many network operators have also recently blocked non-domestic SMS traffic as their SMSC’s were being flooded with international SMS’s. I think Vodafone UK may have done this, but am not sure.

As for cost, you’ll get charged an additional internetwork charge of about €0.055 per SMS to the UK. There is currently no such charge from the UK to Ireland, AFAIK.

I have just received my latest Vodafone bill.
    It had all the roaming I did while ski-ing in Italy last february.
    Thats over two months for it to appear on the Bill.
    I roamed with omnitel over there which is owned by Vodafone.
    All of us used text the whole time and I can tell you I was charged the same rate for all the texts as here in Ireland including texts that were sent to Ireland.
    mm

Advertisement