Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handspring Visor + 7110 + Internet

• 17-04-2001 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to get all three working??

I can send sms's and graphics out through the infra red port no probs but connectiong to the internet just doesnt work.

Theres an update to the 3com IR drivers that dont work with the Visor too well, but after downloading IRLink and using one of the IR update files 'SerIrCommLib.prc' I can get it to dial out through the phone every time.

Now however im getting 'ppp timeout' errors during the 'logging onto network' phase, which is usually due to a non working dial script.

Mine is....

Wait For: ogin:
    Send User ID:
    Send CR:
    Wait For: word:
    Send Password:
    Send CR:
    End:
    (ive set the username + pass in the main network section)

Anyone had any luck with this? Is there something i could change in my script to get it working properly?

Any help would be great.

Snaga

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 17-04-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

7110? wuddnt go near em. they hav had software faults since day 1. the door keeps breakin on them and green is , like , yuck.
    i was gonna get 1 but i got a 6210 instead. now theres a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

had the title been. "Im getting a new phone should i get a 7110", then that answer would be great. However if you dont have anything to post that could help with the problem in any way then please dont bother posting.

My 7110 works great, never had a software prob, my green slidey door has never broken and I happen to like the green. Now, back to my first post.........

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 17-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i know u siad dont post unless u can help but i just hav 2
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neil3030:
    7110? wuddnt go near em. they hav had software faults since day 1. the door keeps breakin on them and green is , like , yuck.
    i was gonna get 1 but i got a 6210 instead. now theres a phone.
    </font>

No1: not all them have software faults.
    btw out of all the 6210's i hav seen
    most have got a software fault
    No2: 7110's r not green, its a colour nokia
    call earth and it can look red in some
    light blue green gray etc.
    No3. The door only breaks if u break it, its
    the same with ne fone with 1 or a flap,
    u just dont break it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

its ok, you at least had a point to make wink.gif

At this stage though i think the phones out fo the equation and its due to my connection script.

Ill have a look and see what i can find out tomorrow. In the mean time, anyone else had any luck connection too an irish isp using their mobile phone from a handspring visor/palm?

And if so, whats your connect script look like?

thanks,

Snaga

Advertisement