Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello all :-)

Options
  • 29-03-2002 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

em, hi there, was just passing through, reading some messages, noting (with much smiling!) Frames lyrics at the end of people's signatures (the good work continues hurray!), and so I got all misty-eyed (damned mist!) about ctyi and the lovely people therein, and thought I'd post a little message saying 'hi' and maybe I'll see some (though probably not all :( ) of you again sometime ..

and em, well that's it, really..

love from me
    david**

oh, em, David the Ra-type person, I think I was there last summer (wasnt I?) with differently-coloured hair and ooh glasses and maybe other distinctive things I can't think of.. I may be lying here, it might have been the year before .. no definitely last year (i think) .. so, em both actually .. anyway, *waves* take care :)

" she's my beauteous katerina, she's my joy and sorrow too, and i know she is untrue, oh but i cannot live without her .. for my heart's a boat in tow, and i'd give the world to know, if she means to let me go, as i sing the whole day through .. "

- will oldham, 'ohio riverboat song' :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

hey David! :)

Wow, it seems so long ago that we were all "in one place, a generation lost in space, with no time left to start again."

Please visit read, and make much much laughter! :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hello david!i remember you!i was in kathryn's ra group and i remember you playing guitar in her doorway and cait and i(aideen) being there and singing frames songs along with you.
    lalala

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Hey David - that'd be me with the Frames as my signature :D I owe yourself and Finbarr an eternal debt of gratitude for introducing me to them in the first place :d

If you know who I am at all, I'm Aidan - you (plural - as in 10 RA's at a time, all the time! ;)) wouldn't let me and Karen out of your sights for the whole three weeks! :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

i think I have finbarr to thank too (through various intricate chains of interpersonal communication ...) ....

:-)

dx

oh& i do remember you 3 (my memory works sometimes hurray!) ... xx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ah yes, aidan was stalked by RA's. we all remember that.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

Hey David!!!!
    ummmmmm..........yeah, email me (cait25@iol.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

Hey David,
    wow,you must be one of the best remembered RA's. Love the will oldham quote. Don't know if you remember me, but i still remember the time you let me off rugby to listen to jeff buckley on my walkman :)

And i just remembered that that wasn't last year, that was 2000. I can't believe it was that long ago. Weird.
    Jess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

yes of course I do! not enough people listen to jeff buckley on walkmans... and definitely not enough to Will Oldham !!

gosh, that was a long time ago .. wow .. good to hear from you again jess :-)

" my wings are like a shield of steel! " - batfink

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

DAVID!!!!!!!!

How's it going??? How's life n college n the like?
    I haven't seen you in AGES!!
    remember me? Podge? Sure how could ya forget me!
    remember the day we accosted you in town? that musta been quite a long while back. wif your new pillow i believe it was.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

remember me guys?

Yay! i seem to be the type that most people forget ("i know i know you from somewhere but....uh...."). Yeah Will Oldhams pretty good. Ohio Riverboat song is one of my favourites, along with New Partner.
    SheroN a name would help with remembering you,unless that is your name in which case i personally haven't a clue,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

John-Jo Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

its so cool to read all these posts from people i don't even know and realise that even though everyone's ctyi experiences are unique there is something amazing that everyone gets out of it, regardless of when they were there

i'm just getting all happy at the thought of being back in dcu this summer for ctyi! seven weeks i finished college and officially grown up and de only thing i have planned for the rest of my life is ctyi this summer

maybe its time to make some plans.....................or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

ceewa-who might you be??i'm aideen *waves*

me ciara loughnane a very stressed fourth elec eng in ul, seven weeks and i done with college

i was at ctyi 94,95,96 and worked as an ra and ta in 1999. and going back this summer at last..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

I shall see you this summer then Ciara ... are you doing both sessions?

i'm doing session one and i'll be around the last week of session two. very complicated summer work i have going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Hey, i'm doing session one so I guess I shall see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Dont mind Sheron, hes quite adept in the secret art of urinary extractions.

And i know who he really is anyway ;)

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

hi david!

funny, i remembered you as dave... hm. but of course i remember you. i see you all the time. and say hi, briefly. this is kate, who didnt do much noticeable. um. i was tall.

but hey, i remember you well enough for both of us! i hope alls going wonderfully for you.

Advertisement